Dive shop help for San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texwasabi
Great picture video !!
You are right to go with your instincts, as a relative new diver you should logg some more dives and also get your Advanced Open Water, which will include learning deep diving.
There are other dives sites out that way or you can do excellent reef diving
right in San Pedro.
Another trip is, dive- go to Caye Caulker - dive
Which ever, have a great time

Steve
www.ecologicdivers.com

Glad you liked it! Diving is a balst, thanks for the advice, my dive buddy has the same amount of dives as me, the EXACT same dives...He is amped for the Hole.....:11doh:

I was in Belize about 3 weeks ago - saw biggest nurse shark in my life - she was about 7 feet long and the head was about 3 feet wide - just chilling out on the bottom.

I would certainly recommend diving Turneffe Atol (nurse shark was at Turneffe, on the south side) and Half Moon Caye.

You're going to see TONS of fish in Belize - it's got more fish per square inch than any other place I've been diving.

Don't forget the cameras.. ;-)

D.

We had 14 days in Coz, Papa Hogs http://www.papahogs.com/site/index.php picked us up at our beach side house every dive day, just us 4 bros and our dive crew and FAST boats! I paid them extra duckett's in the morning to beat the other boats to the prime spots... "Brain Damage" ALWAYS won, I was BROKE!:wink: If ever in Coz give Mike a call, cannot go wrong. Effing Enrique there was our guide, awesome diver, had wieghts stashed allover the bottom of the park....:11doh:

Another....Tex sends you his regards.:D

ecosvl:
Texwasabi
Great picture video !!
You are right to go with your instincts, as a relative new diver you should logg some more dives and also get your Advanced Open Water, which will include learning deep diving.
There are other dives sites out that way or you can do excellent reef diving
right in San Pedro.
Another trip is, dive- go to Caye Caulker - dive
Which ever, have a great time

Steve
www.ecologicdivers.com

I have been with mike at 105' in caves, I really do not think he will have problems. He is a natural athlete. I do think some lessor dives before the blue hole are in order just to get the rust off.

Brian

texwasabi:
Another....Tex sends you his regards.:D

Tex, Whats with the gloves? :wink: You wont need them in belize. Are you wearing a suite? Take care and Dive safe, Dr. Ken :42:

Hi Ken, I wore the gloves because I wanted to wary of any cuts or contact with hostile elements. Was not wearing any suit on that particular dive, it was a 30' wall dive right off our house...Wore a shorty on all other dives, got a little chili at the end of my 2nd deep dive. Getting back to the gloves, I am eco friendly and try to refrain from touching or disturbing the marine life, but **** happens, I dont want to grab a piece of fire coral and ruin my day...:wink:

texwasabi, We were certified in Belize in 2003 with Amigo Del Mar. Our 1st dive after certifying was the Blue Hole. We saw cooler stuff other places, but the Hole was awsome. We dove to ~120', and at the depth it was getting a little chilly. Right about 120' there is a shelf cut into the reef wall. On that shelf is some impressive stalactite/stalagmites to swim around. Also there is, or was a bunch of grey reef sharks in there which was pretty exciting. Its actually a pretty easy dive, not much for currents to deal with. I think you would be disappointed to miss that one. Just my $.02. We are going to Cozumel for the 1st time in April this year. We'll be staying at the Reef Club. Not sure who we will be diving with yet. Any suggestions? Later Bud, RR

We had 14 days in Coz, Papa Hogs http://www.papahogs.com/site/index.php picked us up at our beach side house every dive day, just us 4 bros and our dive crew and FAST boats! I paid them extra duckett's in the morning to beat the other boats to the prime spots... "Brain Damage" ALWAYS won, I was BROKE! If ever in Coz give Mike a call, cannot go wrong. Effing Enrique there was our guide, awesome diver, had wieghts stashed allover the bottom of the park....

So I am a post HO!...LOL

Here you go buddy! Must be a little chilly der in the North land, enjoy Coz!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom