Dive shop help for San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texwasabi:
Hi Ken, I wore the gloves because I wanted to wary of any cuts or contact with hostile elements. Was not wearing any suit on that particular dive, it was a 30' wall dive right off our house...Wore a shorty on all other dives, got a little chili at the end of my 2nd deep dive. Getting back to the gloves, I am eco friendly and try to refrain from touching or disturbing the marine life, but **** happens, I dont want to grab a piece of fire coral and ruin my day...:wink:

No worries--:wink: My previous dives in Ambergris were in a 3mm shorty. By the end of the week it was a bathing suit and t-shirt as I was getting too lazy to put the 3 mm on. Only had one small stripe of fire coral during the 10 days. You guys are gonna love it. PM me when you pick a shop and we'll figure out a way to dive or grab a beer. Ken :42:

yakivet:
Mike--Great video!

The picture of the leg :11: I sure hope it wasn't yours! Sand fleas or Mosquito's? I've treated dogs with less of a skin reaction. Just makes me want to scratch. Ken :42:

LOL! Naa, the leg was afriend, a PASTY Irishman, he fell asleep and I think it was mosquitos that ate him....:11doh: We shall certainly have to meet up and make a new photostory of this trip, wont be long now!

My wife and I were in San Padro for a week over last Thanksgiving. We dove with Chuck and Robbie (http://www.ambergriscayediving.com/). Robbie is a great DM. They pick you up right from your dock. Thier dock/shop is to the north side of the town. We will definatly be diving with Robbie again when we go back later this year. Have a great trip. I have a few pics from our trip in my gallery.

Thanks Jeff, looks like we are in for a good time, cant wait! Nice pictures by the way:wink:

itsjustme0770:
Brian,

I'd heartily reccommend Protech. They are a top notch group. Certainly not a cattleboat operation and they will most likely pick you up at your dock. I am sure the owner, Peter, will check in on this thread before long.

I think I may have dove with Peter. Is he British, or am I thinking of another shop?

I'm envious. My wife and I have been their twice and are now in the final stages of deciding to retire there. I think we are going down next year to look at buying property. Just need to decide on bare ground and build when ready or buy existing and rent it out till we are ready to move. Anybody have any ideas or information?

mtnpaul:
I think I may have dove with Peter. Is he British, or am I thinking of another shop?

Yep--He's British. In fact, I think he just returned from a Vacation in the UK. He must have headed home to work on his tan. :icosm03:

Tan??! It was mostly below freezing, and even when it wasn't it felt like it! Cutting wind, a permanent slippery green coating on pavements (sidewalks) & roads, and generally pretty miserable. Just as we Brits like it!

But yes, now I'm back in sunny San Pedro, though I have to say today is very windy, too windy to take a boat out, and more significantly too windy for the skydivers to take off.

Who are you, "mtnpaul"? I guess that you may be a "Paul" from a mountainous area, but that could be way off.

peterbj7:
Tan??! It was mostly below freezing, and even when it wasn't it felt like it! Cutting wind, a permanent slippery green coating on pavements (sidewalks) & roads, and generally pretty miserable. Just as we Brits like it!

I figured that would get your attention. By midweek it should be back into the midteens again. Can't wait. :icosm05: Talk to you soon. Ken :42:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom