Dive shop located at hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lep! If your looking for luxury, well dont read any further. If you want a cool dive experience and great fun with the people that run the show well contact Opal at Scubamaucozumel.com. You can leave your gear on the boat and walk away, the stuff will be put back when you dive next. Opal does not charge extra for that. It is expected to tip the man that does all that work for our lazy a$$e$. I sometimes get them to haul my gear but for the most I schlep it to the storage across the road. Two hundred feet. Also Villa Blanca hotel is right there. Get her to book a room with a balcony. She gets killer deals for her divers. The price for diving is great also. Dive your gas, and she tries to make sure experienced goes with experienced. Or shall I say those that say they are. grin. have fun, when are you going? kevin
Whenever I stay at Villa Blanca I book through Travelnotes. Their rates are really good. Villablanca Hotel Cozumel Does Scuba Mau get better rates?

Post deleted

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the info... we have decided to go with Scuba Club Cozumel, will try to post an update upon our return!

In my opinion, you can't do wrong with Scuba Club Cozumel. You will have to carry your gear from the lockers to the boat and hook it up the first time. They will switch your gear to your second tank between dives. You have to carry it off the boat, rinse it yourself, and put it back in the locker.

Their boats are large and very comfortable. Slower than many of the fast pangas, but who is in a hurry?

We ask for Ariel as one of the dive masters. He is very good at showing you things and will let you go off on your own if you are an experienced diver.

The rooms are large, clean and cool. The food is fantastic.

My wife & daughter loves the Presidente. They do everything: lug your equip down the dock to the boat, set up all gear, we just don equip & dive, they then unload & lug equip back to their shack/shop, rinse & store. If we wanted to do shore diving, we just let them know, come back in 10 minutes, everything is set up at the end of the pier & ready to go, again we just don & dive. Excellent service. But this was a few yrs back, not sure if it's still the same great service today.

But recently, we've stayed at Iberostar, Wyndam, & what's that hotel that have changed their name & under new management (across from Chedrau store, just south of town), where you dive, then store your equip at the shop on the hotel premises, without lugging it back to the room. You do have to lug it from shop to end of pier.

Thanks everyone for the info... we have decided to go with Scuba Club Cozumel, will try to post an update upon our return!

Take a mesh bag to carry your dive gear in. Don't forget a small lock for the lockers. Bring small denomination bills - taxis, etc. often don't carry change for $20's etc.

My wife & daughter loves the Presidente. They do everything: lug your equip down the dock to the boat, set up all gear, we just don equip & dive, they then unload & lug equip back to their shack/shop, rinse & store. If we wanted to do shore diving, we just let them know, come back in 10 minutes, everything is set up at the end of the pier & ready to go, again we just don & dive. Excellent service. But this was a few yrs back, not sure if it's still the same great service today.

I dare say it is.... of course I'm a little biased:

Guest Comments

Recent Review

Glad your looked after! make sure you post your dives, have fun. kev

Back
Top Bottom