Dive Vacation Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks jenazah. Actually I was looking specifically for a crappy hotel. Only a place to crash when it gets really late. Maybe take a shower, but I doubt it. Well, maybe if the fish start to scatter as soon as I drop down. Other than that I plan to be either underwater or eating. I think the hotel I got comes out to about $70 a night, which is right in my price range.

mccabejc:
Thanks jenazah. Actually I was looking specifically for a crappy hotel. Only a place to crash when it gets really late. Maybe take a shower, but I doubt it. Well, maybe if the fish start to scatter as soon as I drop down. Other than that I plan to be either underwater or eating. I think the hotel I got comes out to about $70 a night, which is right in my price range.

Jim , you are the man! A man of action. I like it. Congratulations on booking the trip so quickly. I hope you get a lot of diving in - line up lots of dive buddies! I'm sure the conditions will be fine. and now you are experienced in surf entry.

I was going to suggest cozumel, but we can talk all about that when you come back.

Kona. Crazy stuff. Next thing you know, you'll be coming back telling us you did crazy things like riding mantas, solo diving off the shore down to 25ft, deep diving off the boat below 62 feet, and night diving!

I can't wait to hear the stories.

Scott

Man, I envy you. I'm planning to go to Maui or Kona again later on this year. Night diving in Kona clear water is just simply amazing. No need for 7 mm, hood, gloves, boots and just 8 pounds of weight aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh !!

If you need a good and cheap food in downtown Kona, try Kona Mix Plate. And if you get bored of diving (YEAH RIGHT !!), Hapuna Beach is my favorite beach in the Big Island for Boogie boarding and relaxing.

My only regret was that I didn't bring my own BC and regulator. I didn't like the rental one that I got.

Have Fun !!!!

Chris in Arcadia.

divebuddysean:
Jim, are you going solo?

Yeah, though Rouky (Erik) will be there at the same time and we'll probably hook up to do some diving. Also a Scubaboarder from Kona has offered to hook up and show me around.

Have fun Jim. You got my wife and I thinking about switching our annual quick weekend scuba trip from Key Largo to Kona when we finally move out to Cally. What is the flight? Like 4-5 hours from LA? I spent over an hour on shorediving.com last night becuase of you!

scubadobadoo:
Have fun Jim. You got my wife and I thinking about switching our annual quick weekend scuba trip from Key Largo to Kona when we finally move out to Cally. What is the flight? Like 4-5 hours from LA? I spent over an hour on shorediving.com last night becuase of you!

I got a direct flight from John Wayne Airport to Kona on Aloha Airlines. It takes just under 6 hours there and 5 hours back....

Hey Jim Kona sounds great and I will have to do some research since me and Tina will be going on a trip in April. I am leaning toward Cancun but have not made the reservations yet.

Have fun!

Looks like the rates at the Sheraton are not too much more than the 2 star and its a 4 star. Hmmmmmm.... also closer to Place of Refuge :D The weather in Hawaii is supposed to be awsome right now too. Damn..

BlueDolphin:
Looks like the rates at the Sheraton are not too much more than the 2 star and its a 4 star.

For the nights I'm staying, both Travelocity and Expedia show the Sheraton at $170 per night. Did you find it cheaper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom