Dive video from Bali with Mola Mola, Mantas and many other things.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice vid, are the jacks and bumpheads residents at the wreck or were you just lucky?

@wetsuit

Yes, the manta footage is from Nusa Penida, specifically the dive site called Manta Point. Typically you dive there as the first dive going to Nusa Penida (The surge can be quite large later in the day).

In Blue Season Bali they changed with every second day starting at Manta Point, the other days at Crystal Bay (Mola Mola dive site).

We were at Manta Point two times and had around 5-8 Mantas on the first time (individual mantas mostly), and on the second dive where most the footage is from we had more than 20 mantas....we ended leaving them before they left us :) damn cold water at manta point.

Have a fantastic trip in August, Bali is a wonderful place!

@divewench1

The temperatures were quite cold at Manta Point. If I recall correctly it was around 21 degrees celsius both times, aka freezing compared to the rest of Bali.

@big fish63

Both bumpheads and the school of jacks are resident at the wreck.

The bumpheads are mostly there early mornings, and typically swim away during the day....probably due to the wreck being camped :) On both our night dives at the wreck they were there.

The school of jack is always in the vicinity I believe.

Great video! My family is heading to Tulamben in July, hopefully we can make a daytrip out to Nusa Penida.

Back
Top Bottom