Diver Death at CSSP - Terrell TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle:
very well put foo and right to the point..some people just dont get it and never will...my heart goes out to her and her family at this time as i know this will be with her for a long time and i hope that she finds the support she needs to help her get through the rough days ahead and to whomever posted that post i hope you are happy..pretty sad when a diver dies how fast people forget that they were in fact flesh and blood and meant something to someone somewhere..

I agree! Reading some of these posts can make me tear up (ecpecially reading the Dan Grenier thread), because these are real stories! It appauls me that someone could post something so heartless. I can sit through a movie that is super sad and be fine; its the news and stuff about real people that makes me tear up. Hy heart and prayers go out to your family. Please ignore and forgive anyone who makes a rediculous comment.

Foo:
I did a search for this post by Keysdrifter and didn't see it- perhaps it was pulled by moderators? I'm so very sorry that someone from Scubaboard would say something so insensitive. Most of us here would never dream to say something like that, and I apologize for the horrible feelings that you have had to endure because of it.

This situation is one that we all better take note of, because these ARE flesh and blood people, who are affected by our posts.

I'm sure that the hardest thing that your mother ever did in her life was to have to leave your dad, when she went for help, and that she did the very best that she could do. Please tell her that my prayers are with her (and all your family), and that I hope she gets some relief and peace soon. I know all of your hearts are breaking, and I'm so very sorry for you all. Take care, and again, I'm sorry you were hurt here.

Foo

I can remember reading the post she is referring to. I guess I am just as guilty of not reporting it. I find it interesting that both the offending post and her post have been removed.

Her only listed post is one of gratitude for the condolances and prayers.

We all learn.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I find it interesting that both the offending post and her post have been removed.

Typically, when an offensive post is removed, responding posts are also removed. Otherwise, they are "orphans" without a context. Sometimes they are removed because without the context, they come across in a way the poster never intended.

It's a judgment call ... but we try to leave as much of the original thread as we reasonably can.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

snuggle:
sure would like to know why her post was pulled...

I just told you ... because it was a direct response to an offensive post that had already been pulled. If I simply pulled out the reference to the offensive post, and left her response, it didn't make any sense. Therefore I deleted it.

OK?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

There are a few on here that have seemed to have lost the concept of feelings and have detached themselves from reality at times just to prove a point or impose their reasonings on why things happen without the facts being presented. I know the staff at SB are doing their best to keep this site helpful and friendly. My condolences to the family, and accept an apollogy from me for the one who posted such a heartless comment that was not warranted on this site. I hope that the staff has put the individual on notice that, to speak without knowledge and facts will not be tollerated.

Well now that things have been cleaned up I'd like to thank the staff for doing so.
I'm Ron Burzycki's son Vinny, it was my father who passed away at CSSP. I appreciate all the positive things I have read and have ignored the rest, just the way life should be. I'm glad to see you guys can rally around and put things into a positive light. It was a tragic accident that my family and myself are dealing with. My father was my best friend and I miss him dearly. Thanks again to everyone on behalf of my family

our thoughts are with you and your family at this time and in the future..dont hesitate to pm me any time to talk..i have been there in the loss of someone very close..

Well now that things have been cleaned up I'd like to thank the staff for doing so.
I'm Ron Burzycki's son Vinny, it was my father who passed away at CSSP. I appreciate all the positive things I have read and have ignored the rest, just the way life should be. I'm glad to see you guys can rally around and put things into a positive light. It was a tragic accident that my family and myself are dealing with. My father was my best friend and I miss him dearly. Thanks again to everyone on behalf of my family

Sorry this is so late. I was very sorry to hear of your fathers accidental death. I have'nt been back on scubaboard much after my good friend Dan Grenier's scuba- related death. but it was good to see how most of the SB community rallied behind your family(as they did Dan's). I hope and pray that time has brought you some peace. See my PM. Saildiver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom