Diver drowns in golf course pond at Las Colinas Country Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sad, Fox 4 News just said that his breathing apparatus was found floating on the surface and the engine on the air supply pump was not on. The ME did say it was caused by carbon monoxide as the OP originally stated.

Thanks for pointing out the tv news story... I just found a link to it: Diver Drowns in Golf Course Pond

Bryan, send my thoughts and prayers to the family!

Sad, avoidable, wrong, bad gas, ***, terrible, horrible, bad, sad :shakehead:

So he was using surface supplied air? But there was no surface tender?
This sucks! Down alone, no one above. Who was the employer who sit this hazard up? :mad:

Hooka/Snuba strikes again. He was likely "self employed" and paid by the ball.

Hooka/Snuba strikes again. He was likely "self employed" and paid by the ball.
Perhaps so? Another one dives alone, dies alone. Been certified a couple of months. Sad. Perhaps didn't think it risky at all in 5ft. From the article. Bet his friend feels awful...
Jennifer Logan said her husband had taken the part-time job with a friend's golf ball retrieval business because his primary employer cut his work hours. He was scuba certified, she said.

I read the article about this --we should probably wait for more information before jumping to any conclusions.

I'm still waiting to hear if he was on scuba or some surface supplied air set-up.

Jeff

Sometimes with Hooka systems there is a floating tank that is charged and the diver breathes from that. This keep the compressor system from running continuously. This could be the empty tank someone was talking about.

CO poisoning can come from a few possibilities and it seems that is being investigated.
CO is debilitating at 5% or less; often confusing the diver. However, the diver was in 5ft of water or less.

Unfortunately, as problems build underwater (or escalate) the diver can not resolve them all and that results in the tragedy and the loss of life.

In the past situations that I have been involved with the media often made mistakes in their reporting as they are not divers or subject matter experts. They tend to report errors and mistakes. Also dive instructors are told not to interact with the media or to offer any information because of potential legal issues; so they do not help the situation.

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers go out to you and your family.
May the Lord take his soul to heaven as he was he was trying to provide for his young family in the best way he knew how.
Blessed are those that go before us; giving of themselves to provide for others.

Andrew

Very tragic, so very sad. May God bless his family and give them all peace in their hearts.

Back
Top Bottom