Diver drowns in golf course pond at Las Colinas Country Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read that intro and its scary what they exclude.. NDL Limits don't exist in hooka? Read it, especially the part about being down for 2 hours!

NDL limits apply to hookah rigs but there are many hookah rigs that are designed for shallower depths that keep a diver under 33 feet. A lot of these units are used with gold dredges and such. Such rigs may support one diver to 60 feet or two divers to 30 feet, etc. This is limited by the cubic feet per minute put out by the compressor.

I would guess a golf ball diver is in very shallow water as most water hazards are man made and pretty shallow and I could see a diver at 5 feet spending many hours underwater and not worrying about nitrogen buildup.

I could see a diver at 5 feet spending many hours underwater and not worrying about nitrogen buildup.
Yep, just Carbon Monoxide. :shocked2:

Wow, I had no idea. I went SNUBA diving over 12 years ago, off Kauai, with my daughter (who was 7 at the time). I am wondering now, what kind of system they were using to supply the air.

Mary

NDL limits apply to hookah rigs but there are many hookah rigs that are designed for shallower depths that keep a diver under 33 feet. A lot of these units are used with gold dredges and such. Such rigs may support one diver to 60 feet or two divers to 30 feet, etc. This is limited by the cubic feet per minute put out by the compressor.

I would guess a golf ball diver is in very shallow water as most water hazards are man made and pretty shallow and I could see a diver at 5 feet spending many hours underwater and not worrying about nitrogen buildup.

You would be amazed at what we discover come start of the lobster season. There are people who think that this surface supplied air eliminates NDL and lobster hunt in 60 - 80ft of water for 5+ hours at a time.

Scuba deaths are always sad, usually happening alone, but this one really sucks - as he seems to have been working for a company or friend who supplied the equipment along with the contract, he had only 2 months of certified time, and he leaves a young widow with a child who will never know his daddy. :mad:

I'm with you on that, Damn! :shakehead:

You would be amazed at what we discover come start of the lobster season. There are people who think that this surface supplied air eliminates NDL and lobster hunt in 60 - 80ft of water for 5+ hours at a time.
Your lobster season amazes me. But there is so much local tourism involved; hard to do anything about it. Greed on both sides.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom