Diver drowns in golf course pond at Las Colinas Country Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hooka/Snuba strikes again. He was likely "self employed" and paid by the ball.

Okay Thal, I need ed-u-ma-ca-tion. I know what snuba is. What is HOOKA/Snuba? And why is it not a good idea?

Thanks in advance,
Mary

Okay Thal, I need ed-u-ma-ca-tion. I know what snuba is. What is HOOKA/Snuba? And why is it not a good idea?

Thanks in advance,
Mary
Hi Mary

It's untended surface supplied diving use an umbilical without comms or strength member, that delivers gas to a standard scuba second stage. The gas supply is usually from a small gasoline powered, single stage compressor that fills a small volume tank, all mounted either on a small boat or towed surface float.

This accident is a perfect example of why its no good. Internal combustion compressors have their place, which is not (at least in my mind) untended with minimal filtration.

No way would I touch one of those..

Pretty sad way to go in 5 ft of water. I imagine there's a lot of ways to die with a hooka unit.

Pretty sad way to go in 5 ft of water. I imagine there's a lot of ways to die with a hooka unit.
Scuba deaths are always sad, usually happening alone, but this one really sucks - as he seems to have been working for a company or friend who supplied the equipment along with the contract, he had only 2 months of certified time, and he leaves a young widow with a child who will never know his daddy. :mad:

:censored:

Sad way to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom