Diver found dead off Hollywood beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The TDS thread makes mention of a med condition if I recall correctly...
Posted via Mobile Device

The TDS thread makes mention of a med condition if I recall correctly...
Posted via Mobile Device

But is that more rampant speculation or is it a verifiable fact?

Speculation I am sure... But far more namecalling and bashing over there:d
Posted via Mobile Device

42 posts of wishywash meandering boolsheet and nothing to report. Talk about mindless speculation. Does anyone have anything to add about something that actually happened in this incident?

I am not defending the mindless banter but I am fairly certain if anybody knew something right now and could post it, the would. So, by default, that is likely your answer.

42 posts of wishywash meandering boolsheet and nothing to report. Talk about mindless speculation. Does anyone have anything to add about something that actually happened in this incident?

Posted via "Wishy-Washy Boolsheet Spreading" Mobile Device

It's the standard speculation thread with the usual posturing. They should establish a template and just cut and paste it when a diver dies.

I especially enjoy reading the ones where the posters feel they are entitled to the information from the dive op, local police, or the medical examiner

Sorry to hear about this incident - it's always tragic when one of our own dies, whether in the water or out, solo or with a buddy.

I wanted to add a few observations about the area, in response to an earlier query as to sites in Hollywood. The outfall trench is a very popular dive site. It's locally called the "Yellow Brick Road", and is relatively shallow, around 16-20', if memory serves. (it's due East from the Michigan Avenue parking lot, I believe.) Solo diving is common there, due to the proximity of the reef to shore, the shallow depths, etc.

I hate to see folks start bashing the victim in cases like this one. The reality of the situation is that cardiac events/medical conditions are frequent killers of divers. CPR in the water isn't very practical, but if he had been diving with a buddy, we might have better clues as to his cause of death. Armchair analysis of this sort of accident really doesn't provide any value and, in my mind, tends to be pretty mean-spirited.

In pace requiescat
-G

It's the standard speculation thread with the usual posturing. They should establish a template and just cut and paste it when a diver dies.

I especially enjoy reading the ones where the posters feel they are entitled to the information from the dive op, local police, or the medical examiner
You are entitled to information from the local police and the medical examiner

You are entitled to information from the local police and the medical examiner

Agreed....however in their timeframe, not "yours" (meaning the SB'er that is expecting it - not you specifically) and it does not get delivered on a silver platter as some would likely want.

You mean the ME isn't here on SB to post the report yet?
Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom