Diver nearly drowns on dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

???? You got some explaining to do Lucky! (in the voice of Ricky)

Capt. of the boat I was on at the time in fla. Not the capt. in any way related to incident.
Eric

Good read, the only question that i would like to get an answer to is why no evac from the coast guard...and why did they wave off the Navy's offer?

Do I get a tech pass to dive your boat now??
Eric

Hi all,

Thanks for all the discussion. I'd hoped for lots of awareness building. I'll be posting a bunch more incidents (no, I'm not the victim) soon.

Denisegg - wow, that sucks. I'll take your advice on u2. Were you wearing a drysuit? What was the water temp?

Charlie99 - re Tri, I wish!! Duke produced the same spike without any meaningful exercise. Pissed me off to no end.

Idocsteve - you nailed it! But I think it's important to note that, in a test of fitness, I would have been among the best on the boat. It's not a relative thing. It's an absolute threshold. Unfortunately.

Denisegg - have you talked to Richard Moon at Duke? It would be great if you could add to their data. I'd also like to capture your story for the blog.

Thanks folks,

Dive safe!

Phil

Re coast guard - all I got from the CG incident guy was a shrug. Can't add much more. Politics?

Do I get a tech pass to dive your boat now??
Eric

Sure you can do tech as long as you are trained for it.....just nothing deeper than 160ft until you've been on the boat at least one time. Same as everyone else.:D

Sure you can do tech as long as you are trained for it.....just nothing deeper than 160ft until you've been on the boat at least one time. Same as everyone else.:D

I have completed my PADI discover diving certification and hope to fullfill the requirements for "lionfish" awareness in the spring.:rofl3:
Eric

I have completed my PADI discover diving certification and hope to fullfill the requirements for "lionfish" awareness in the spring.:rofl3:
Eric

Heard PADI has a new card/patch called U-Boat Diver, thought you'd shell out a few thousand to get that one. :wink:

Capt. of the boat I was on at the time in fla. Not the capt. in any way related to incident.
Eric

Got my curiosity up....do you mind sharing who that Capt was and what boat he ran/is running?

Re Phil's blog: I heard the story back in the season from one of the mates on the boat. Not sure why the CG waived off the airlift. It is a tough call between situation urgency and available resources. I am glad it all worked out in the end, and kudos to the Diver Down team to their professionalism.

Back
Top Bottom