Diver nearly drowns on dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard the tail from Sharkey and Matt who said they were there on scene. The capt. and mate of the boat I was on with them in fla. worked for south florida diving headquarters. Fairly new in town. Capt. name was??? divemasters name was Kaitlin sp, they were a couple. capt. had his big boy liscense 100ton I think. She was newly minted in NC as divemaster. I want to say they worked at olympus, but a mind is a terrible thing to waste and mine seems to be wasting away.
Eric

Hi all,

Denisegg - wow, t
hat sucks. I'll take your advice on o2. Were you wearing a drysuit? What was the water temp?

Denisegg - have you talked to Richard Moon at Duke? It would be great if you could add to their data. I'd also like to capture your story for the blog.

Dive safe!

Phil

I was in a drysuit and the water temp was 68 F. I contacted Dr Moon and gave him my data by email.

Here is my story. It is rather a long one. A lot of people gave me alot of good information. I was contacted by Doctors, Scientists and Researchers from all over the world through this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ac...eniseggs-incident-near-miss-jackson-blue.html

Reactions: D_B
Yes. It took me around 6 weeks to actually start feeling better. I was tired and weak from the incident. I took another 2 weeks to have the tests repeated and get the ok from a local internal medicine doctor and started back.
I started with shore dives, then springs, then caverns. Two weeks ago, I descended back down where the incident took place. Since then, I have made 6 dives in the cave, Jackson Blue, and gone about 500 linear ft in 97ft deep water past the point where I first began having symptoms and turned the dive.
Everything was great!! I remained very vigilant and kept a close watch on my physical exertion and my breathing. I have increased my physical training so that I will not have to exert as much to do the swims into the caves with flow and I am practicing breathing exercises to increase my lung capacity. I have also changed my diet and I am eating healthier. I have lost 10 lbs, my bp is 110/70. I am doing all I know to do at this point. :)

Reactions: D_B
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom