Divers In Oklahoma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, how cool is that? Any good mud holes around here? :p

Ang

I am just glad to see there are divers that live in Oklahoma and are willing to admit it with pride! There is nothing wrong with diving dark lakes. Certainly makes diving in the ocean easier when I make my way out there...

Mike

Makes us appreciate clear water more. I hear of all these people getting mad and calling dives when its 25 feet viz. I mean really, i would love to have 25 ft viz.

LakeScubaDiver:
There is nothing wrong with diving dark lakes. Certainly makes diving in the ocean easier when I make my way out there...

We went to Panama City, FL last fall. Dive boat captain said vis was only about 40 feet. LOL! I'll take that ALL DAY LONG!
I get excited when we get 15 feet vis here in a lake.

No Kidding! I am happy if I can see all the way to the tip of my fins, because there have been times in Tenkiller when I couldn't! The lake was turning, but still! We literally had to feel our way the entire dive! 40 ft vis...I'll take it!

Mike

The worst vis I've ever seen is a tie between Tenkiller and Canyon Lake down in New Braunfels...mask vis...literally...you could see your mask frame...and that was just about it...I'm comfortable and happy with anything over about six feet! LOL...

Angie

Shoot.... 10 feet around here would be awesome. The best viz I ever got was at the community college diving well :wink:

I'm diving out here on Oahu, Hawaii where I am currently on business. I dove here a couple months ago which was the first time I have dove in the Ocean and it was beautiful. But 50+ vis is quite wierd. The worst thing about it is the "shadows" that are lurking at the edge of visibility that you can't make out. I had hair standing on end at a site out here that I seen "things" when there are known tiger sharks to be hanging out. I never did see a shark though. I prefer to see EVERTHING or NOTHING at all..:D

My wife and I both dive, we are from Enid (actually 8 miles west of town). we just got back from Cozumel. We like to dive at Elmer Thomas down by Lawton, Beaver Lake in Ar., and CCSP.

If y'all get the chance, Lake Murray south of Ardmore is a very nice lake with very nice campgrounds. I have never experienced less than 10 feet and usually 15 to 20 feet at the steel tower. The draw backs are that the lake is very busy on weekends and the closest shop for fills is 60 miles away in Denton, TX. BUT, the guys at Island Divers in Denton have told me that if I am going to be there on a weekend that they are up there, they would be glad to bring me a few full rental tanks.
Bronson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom