Divi Tiara-Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori once bubbled...
First of all, the week I was at Divi there was significantly more people than 70.

Yes, and it was because of your bad experience that they have responded by limiting their bookings so that it doesn't happen again.

So they've materially responded, but you're still not satisfied. Why?

Second, my trip leader is a regular fixture at Divi...I find Max's stance of "blaming" him for his (Max's) lack of customer service quite cowardly, at the very least, lame.

If that's true, I'd agree. However, I take it that you still haven't bothered to ask your Tour Organizer if what Max claimed (in his own defense) was true or not.

And lastly, we and many others that week were treated quite rudely.

Yes, it happens.

And even though its quite obvious via other posters' experiences that your type of experience was the minority, you've chosen to persist anyway.

Why is it beyond you to admit that your "favorite dive resort" has problems and you continually defend them when their own GM owned up to his treatment of us?

First warning, Lori: You have just made a false and misleading statement, and if you insist on continuing to do so, you will be held accountable for your post(s).

I've said before that this place has had its problems. I've also said that ethically, I'll only "hang" a man for only the crimes he's guilty of, and nothing more.

Your continuous agruments to the contrary, not knowing our situation, makes me think "thou protest too much." Just how much of your money does Divi have hh?

Second and FINAL warning, Lori: I have already disclosed my financial interest on this thread, up front before anyone even thought of asking.

And insofar as "not knowning your situation", and "thou protest too much", you're the one who's been screaming over one piddling visit.

Suck it up, and move on.

Footnote: To this day, neither my buddy or I have been contacted by anyone at Divi to apologize for the quality of service we didn't receive.

Since Max apologized on this thread, this is unquestionably a flat out lie.

Nevertheless, what I think what you're trying to say is that Divi HQ hasn't sent you a letter of apology in the mail. If you actually have mailed them a formal letter, then yes, I agree that they owe you a response. But personally, I'm not going to support you in that cruisade until I'm personally convinced that you actually sent them a formal letter (not just one of their boilerplate preprinted survey forms).

No, customer service isn't hard to provide...

In principle, sure. In reality, not always.

And the flip side of this is that there are also some customers that will never be satisfied no matter what you do, and your business is better off without them.

I'm sorry Lori, but we've all gotten the message that you & your friends had a bad week. The message that you've chosen not to receive is that based upon the collective good experiences of the rest of us, yours was the anomoly...not ours.

-hh

-hh

I do believe you are just as antagonistic as you claim I am.

And no, I won't suck it up, bad service is bad service and smart remarks to a customer from management are inexcusable. As long as you continue to beat the horse, so will I. As long as I continue to be attacked for stating the facts, I'm going to defend myself....that's my right.

And I state again. Until my buddy receives an APPROPRIATE response from Divi.....NOT a post with a quickie apology submersed in an advertisement to garner future bookings, I rest my case....their customer service is deplorable. My buddy is a professional and deserves to be approached in an appropriate manner, not an open post on Scubaboard. Get real I did not lie as I was clear HE should receive a response, not I as he does not post or read here or any other board for that matter. So, do NOT accuse me of lying.

As far as your warnings go. I've done nothing different than you in these posts, state my opinion and question your issues as you have mine. Go bully someone else who cares, I'm not impressed. You'd fit in well on Quest if you aren't there already.

Just my 2 cents, of which I have a right to state which MOST of those posting in this thread agree was my right.

-hh once bubbled...

First warning, Lori: You have just made a false and misleading statement, and if you insist on continuing to do so...

[/B]

Second and FINAL warning, Lori: I have already disclosed my financial interest on this thread, up front before anyone even thought of asking.
[/B]

This jailhouse lawyer is wrong. What Lori said is fair game.

Lori, if this guy fails the the Padi v. Diverlink lessons and embraces the idiocy of his threats, drop me a line and we'll deal with it as Diverlink dealt with Padi. Why do those who think they are 'big fish' in the dive world not see that they little better than groupers in the bigger freefs of the planet?

I for one am tired of hearing -hh defend Divi and slam Lori. Lori had an experience that sounds less than good and she shared it with us. I like reading feedback about a place whether it is good or bad. Having some details about how it went helps me know what to watch for at any location to make sure I can have the best time possible.

Lori, thank you for sharing.

-hh, please leave it at that. Your attempts to dis-credit Lori do not make me think more of Divi. I wish you would stop the attacks against Lori.

This thread should be terminated.

Diver Lori once bubbled...
And no, I won't suck it up, bad service is bad service and smart remarks to a customer from management are inexcusable. As long as you continue to beat the horse, so will I. As long as I continue to be attacked for stating the facts, I'm going to defend myself....that's my right.

Here we go again.

Lori, so long as you stick to the facts and maintain some perspetive, you won't have a problem from me.

And I state again. Until my buddy receives an APPROPRIATE response from Divi.....NOT a post with a quickie apology submersed in an advertisement to garner future bookings...

Sorry, but factually, that's not a "restatement": your exact prior words had been:

Footnote: To this day, neither my buddy or I have been contacted by anyone at Divi to apologize for the quality of service we didn't receive.

Now get this straight: I agree that your buddy should receive an appropriate response from the company.

But that has nothing to do with what you've said above: there is a profound difference between "no response" and an "appropriate response."

So, do NOT accuse me of lying.

I'm merely reading literally what you wrote: if you failed to accurately articulate what you _meant_ to say, that's not my fault. Reading and comparing the literal content of your two above quotes: there are only two options:
- you're a liar
- you have very poor english/communication skills.

Take your pick.

Just my 2 cents, of which I have a right to state which MOST of those posting in this thread agree was my right.

And I agree that you have the right to state your complaint.

However, when speaking out, you also have a responsibility. Namely that the items that you're speaking about are correct.

If we wipe the slate clean and review/restate the facts, we find:

- Divi had an overbooking problem that resulted in changed dive schedules and limited diving for their customers, for which you/buddy have a legit complaint IMO.
- Max claimed that he warned tour organizers beforehand
- This is unconfirmed
- The diveboats were crowded with 20-25 divers.
- The diveboats' rated capacity is 20 (not 16).
- Divi's response has been to limit sales to prevent recurrence

- You had a verbal disagreement with a DM over the significance of an O-ring leak, demanding its replacement.
- O-rings fail at a rate of ~1.1 per million service hours.
- Has absolutely nothing to do with the overbooking problem

- You were unhappy with the Boat Captain's water entry procedures of transom only (no siderail backrolls allowed).
- It is unknown if you expressed this to the Captain.
- Has a little to do with the overbooking, but not that much.

- You allowed to dive on Friday PM
- Reportedly because of flying-after-diving safety protocols.
- You claimed that your flight was a 28 hour SI after the dive
- There are no Saturday Night flights that affords a 28 hour SI after a Friday Afternoon dive on the current schedules of Cayman Airways or Island Air.
- You were actually booked on the Island Air Saturday morning flight.
- Your 28 hour SI claim was incorrect.
- Has nothing to do with the overbooking problem

- The hotel accidentally woke you up at 5am for the Cayman Airways Saturday AM flight (~6;15).
- IMO legit, but minor.
- Has nothing to do with the overbooking problem

- You've complained that you've gotten no apology from Divi
- Max, the local Divi Tiara GM, has posted an apology here.
- You've disregarded that response (not appropriate/sufficient?)
- It has been inferred that a letter of complaint was sent to Divi, but no clear statement or proof to that effect.
- Reportedly, no Divi HQ formal letter of apology via mail received to date.

As I've said before, I have no problem nailing someone for whatever they're guilty of - - my position is that we only nail them for what they're actually guilty of, and nothing more.

-hh

Don't write off the Brac!!! I went there for a week dive trip in 2002. We dove and stayed at Brac Reef and had a excellent experience.

If max were truly a "stand up " guy, Lori would have received her apology in a letter addressed to her...not posted on some board.

If he wanted to do the right thing, he would have done it up front instead of giving some sugar coated, johnny-come-lately apology AFTER seeing he is taking a pounding on a publuc forum..it seems to me like he is sorry for being exposed on the scubaboard...not sorry for giving lousy customer service....

After reading the thread again in it's entirety, all I have to say is.."Thanks, for the heads up on the crappy service at this resort/dive op. I'll definately remember this thread when planning my next trip to the Caymans.

Lori, if you would send me your telephone contact info / e-mail to tiaramax@candw.ky, I would like to call / contact and discuss opportunities to move forward. Bear in mind in my initial letter, I did ask if you would allow us the opportunity to spoil you? so please contact me.

No excuses, but the longer this continues, the more impact it will have on the local community, the resort and the island. I must ask you to understand that this should not be about one person's bad customer service day.

We employ 54 people, and are the second largest employer on the island after the government. Your words and my actions have the potential to impact many families on this island so let's get this resolved and put it in perspective.

To all the other people posting, I would challenge you with creating perspective.

Was the entire expereince bad? Did all staff display bad customer service?

Divi does not share the view of PFD's as outlined by dividiva.

I will check this board for one more week and then will remove myself from this thread. Should anyone wish to contact me directly, they can do so on tiaramax@candw.ky or on 345-9164657.

Respectfully,

Max

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom