Divi Tiara-Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Max! Glad to see you're back. I think if people read the entire thread they will agree that Divi Tiara can be a very positive experience provided that it is not overbooked. I know when we dove with you in January, 2003 we had an enjoyable day of diving. No complaints and a great day over in Little Cayman (We dove the rest of the week with Brac Beach Resort becuase they had a boat we could charter). It is not fair to make decisions based on one person's bad day.

Max, Checking for permission to submit buddy's addy will get back privately. Tho, your HQ has it.

DivePartner, Winky, Zagnut, Mchiapetto, SueMermaid, and anyone else I missed.....thank you for your kind thoughts. I wish you fair winds and following seas. Safe diving to you.

Beeber....I haven't written off any portion of the Caymans and wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

HH, Tim Ingersoll and Caymaniac.....safe diving to you as well.

Same right back at you DiverLori. Nothing personal.

One month today since email/snail mail sent to Divi. No response whatsoever. :rolleyes:

...boy what a thread! ...WHEW! .... Diver Lori, thanks again for calling it like it is, I appreciate your frank assessment of your trip. I was dumb-founded by their 'rinsing' (flooding) of your 1st stage...and, of course, by their 'O-rings are just cosmetic anyway' position.

Either of these 2 incidents would have initiated a full nuclear response from me....outrageous! ...but then again, when someone's trying to get me killed I kinda take it personally!

You'd be foolish to give that operator another shot....I'm sure anyone who stuck his/her neck out as you 2 did are on their '****-list' and can expect 'special' treatment upon your return......but I get the impression you already understand the world's a big place, there's lots of ocean, and no compelling reason to risk your money/life there a second time........and I won't risk mine there even a 1st time.

Karl

I to have been following this thread and I'm curious as to the outcome of this unfortunate suitation. The ball is definitely in Divi Tiara's court, now, what will they do? :tree: Bob

Hi Lori,

Having been undergoing some cool renovations, pool tile, painting of exteriors, new boat purchase, nitrox system purchase, room renovations and of course taking people diving, I had not checked my alternative e-mail until this morning.

As you will no doubt have received, I sent you my thanks for giving us permission to contact you, and that we would be further contacting you within 7 days.

I then decided to check the scubaboard and noticed the beginnings of some grumblings. Rest assured we are in touch, but as yet have still not received any "snail" mail at either Divi Corporate or Divi Tiara - and we have searched.

So to all of you reading this thread, Divi Tiara and Divi Resorts has the situation in hand and we hope to see all of you at our resort some time in the future. Even if you think you should never visit us, I guarantee that if you do, that we will spoil you.

Lori as you now have my direct e-mail from my response to you this morning, please feel free to use that should you have any further questions.

To all: I told Lori this this morning; we have had 3 different sightings of manta rays in the past 3 weeks. This is quite uncommon, but very very exciting.

Max
GM

And you respond with an Ad for your resort and are telling us about Manta Rays?

Hmmmm... who am I more likely to believe????? :rolleyes:

I think Max's responses have been quite responsible.

Anyone whose ever managed anything involving others knows that things can go wrong, and sometimes they do--sometimes badly. Max seems to be dealing with this in good faith to me. Apologies aren't meangingless. The lengthy complaints opened the door for Max to explain what he's done to remedy the situation.

Anyway, it's good enough for me. I'm tentatively booked for Divi with a group in March and I'm looking forward to going back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom