Diving after eating, what to eat between the dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locally:
I bring my protein shaker cup with the powder in it - just add water, shake it up, and drink
Beef jerky
Ziplock bag with a handful of almonds, roasted no salt
Lots of water

On trips, I try to bring some of the above or just go with whatever the dive op provides as long as it's not crap.

What kind of snakes do you suggest?

A snake is a snake...they all taste like chicken to me.

We have a tradition: fresh or dehydrated pineapple and animal crackers.

Nothing greasy (upset stomach or seasick) or with milk (mucus production).

And plenty of water.

We eat big after all the dives. :)

Based on these posts, it appears that anything edible is good for between dives.
I have to agree and I can eat a pepperoni pizza before scuba diving with no problem.
Free diving on the other hand.....anything but water and Ensure....I get major heartburn. Better to eat nothing at all or maybe banana and peanut butter.

.......otherwise some snakes .....

Dang! That's a manly food!

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 AM ----------

A snake is a snake...they all taste like chicken to me.

All white meat tastes like chicken. Except pork. Which kinda blows that theory....

PB&J for me (natural PB and strawberry jelly on whole wheat) and water. Sometimes an apple if no fruit is offered on the dive boat.

300px-Chunky-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Fell in love with these as a kid, and you can still find them at either CVS or Walgreen's. We'll bring enough for both of us to have one during the SI on every dive day, and then bring a softside cooler with some ice so they don't get too mushy.

Along with a Mexican Coke (they are different from the domestic versions), I am in sugar Heaven.

Oreo cookies.....otherwise known in my PPB class as "buoyancy tablets". Whatever works to get them neutral - ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom