Diving in Kentucky??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tammy, you owe me a deco dive. :)

A couple of us are looking at coming down for the treasure hunt weekend.

I was really looking forward to that but it's the same weekend that I leave for Bonaire. :( It sounds like a lot of fun.

Bob, you ought to see how much cr@p I have in my car right now. 2 sets of thick undergarments, 2 sets of thin undergarments, a 2pc 7mm wetsuit (for someone else), thick hoods, thin hoods, thick gloves thin gloves, 2 sets of doubles, 3 AL63's I was requested to bring down, my O2 bottle, primary reel, cavern reel, my weight bag & also taking my rec gear in case someone needs it for some reason. Plus 1/2 my back seat for the birthday cake. That thing is a monster. I'm pretty much set up for cold or warm diving & all contingencies in between.

Bob, the UFO is to the left as you're facing out across the shallow shelf (old parking lot) by the north wall. It's kind of in the corner there about 20 ft out from the drop off into the shallow area. I tried to raise it last weekend, but it has deteriorated to the point you can no longer raise it with air. The air just seeps right back out. That's only the 3rd or 4th time I've ever found the UFO. It's a popular attraction, so expect it to be quite murked up there.

Other than the LOUSY gas mileage, you need something more like what I drive for that amount of gear.

I don't think the d@mn UFO exists. I've been told time and time again where it is and can't find it. I looked for it on both dives today and never found it. I know it does exist because Wayne was my dive buddy on my second dive today and you showed it to him last weekend but even with his help, I couldn't find it. We swam all over the area that I've been told that it was in.

Yes, my buddy & I got in pretty early & went to a rather deserted area on the back wall to practice running reels. The vis wasn't too bad. We ran them again near one of the platforms. Bad choice. It was totally wiped out & I managed to foul my reel up a couple of times. Got it going again, but took time. Not pretty the second time, but it did work.

The second dive was a group of us doing a deep technical dive. Of the 6 of us in the group, only 1 other & myself did not have a DPV. We swam to a point (the Red Eye boat) where everyone else dropped off their scooters. We then all swam as a group to the deep platform, turned around & went back to the Red Eye. At that point, the others picked up their scooters & they went off to another part of the quarry together to do their deco. The other one who didn't have a DPV, & I, me decided we were freezing (43 degrees) & used the up- line at the Red Eye to start our ascent, did our deco obligation (what little we had) & surfaced. I must say it was kind of cool to be able to dive with the "big dogs":crafty:, for the first time, if even only for part of the dive.

The third dive I lead 3 others who were newer divers round a tour of the shallow end. It was also a very neat dive. They all had a good time

I don't think the d@mn UFO exists. I've been told time and time again where it is and can't find it. I looked for it on both dives today and never found it. I know it does exist because Wayne was my dive buddy on my second dive today and you showed it to him last weekend but even with his help, I couldn't find it. We swam all over the area that I've been told that it was in.

Next time we dive together, I'll try to show you where it is. If it's murked up very much, you'll swim right past it & you'll never see it. I usually find it by accident. It is literally just a few feet from the edge of the old parking lot. I usually just cruise along the edge of the wall & go right over top of it.

Next time we dive together, I'll try to show you where it is. If it's murked up very much, you'll swim right past it & you'll never see it. I usually find it by accident. It is literally just a few feet from the edge of the old parking lot. I usually just cruise along the edge of the wall & go right over top of it.

Now she tells us this! :)

Quit talking about deco dives. I want to do one so bad that I can taste the O2.

I didn't take any O2 on that dive. Back gas.:D I only had about 4 min. obligation on 1 computer & 3 min from obligation on the Helo2. I don't know when I'll be able to "fun dive" again. Depends on whether I go to California at the end of next month. Still Iffy as whether the trip goes or not.

I didn't take any O2 on that dive. Back gas.:D I only had about 4 min. obligation on 1 computer & 3 min from obligation on the Helo2. I don't know when I'll be able to "fun dive" again. Depends on whether I go to California at the end of next month. Still Iffy as whether the trip goes or not.

I don't care. It drives me crazy to want to do a deco dive and so few know how. And then there is the matter of getting deep enough to do it.

I don't care. It drives me crazy to want to do a deco dive and so few know how. And then there is the matter of getting deep enough to do it.

& Freezing your rear end off to get that deep.:D It was funny, because my buddy & I looked at each other on the up- line & simultaneously signaled "I'm Cold" & "Let's ascend". We were thinking the same thing (I'm freezing my butt off). When we surfaced, we laughed about it for the longest time.

Let me know and I will see what I can do. I think Aug would be better. Feeling sorry for me are you.
BTW, the cold water doesn't bother me as long as it is on the outside of the suit. I tolerated the squeeze our dive so I didn't flood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom