Diving in Late November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brianstern99

Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a honeymoon in Austrailia in Late November of next year to do some diving in the great barrier reef.

I've heard from a few folks that late november is not the best time of year for diving down under, due to weather.

Is this true?

I have holidayed in Cairns and the Whitsundays this time twice - and had zippo problems with weather. Mind you, I wasn't diving, but I was on the water and it was glorious. Hot, humid and glorious. Sample size of two isn't enough though. :)

something to take into consideration is the coral spawning - happens around November and can play havoc with viz for a while

Hi: We dive the GBR every year and find that Nov. is a great time to go there. The time of year that gets the most rain and poor vis is Jan. - Mar. The only coral bloom that I had experienced was in April.......and it was really fascinating.......but poor vis. There is a very nice liveaboard that is great for couples - The Undersea Explorer.....has marine biologists onboard.....has nice double cabins and goes to the outer reefs for a 6 nt. journey. If you were thinking about a land based honeymoon with diving I would recommend Peppers Palm Cove in the Whitsundays or some beautiful properties in Cairns like; Kewarra Beach Resort or Thala Beach Lodge. If you want some more information on these properties or other suggestions just email me; mjaugustine2000@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Mary Jane

Back
Top Bottom