Diving Info - Grand Tetons (Jackson)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navy85

Contributor
Reaction score
HELP - I will be vacationing at Jackson Lake in Wyoming in July and would like to dive. All of my searches for dive info, however, have been negative. Anyone know of a dive shop in the area? I will be staying in Colter Bay. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, diverjed. I was able to contact a local dive operation and find out that there are no dive trips in the National Parks (Grand Tetons and Yellowstone) - requires a commercial operating permit that the NPS isn't giving out. Since solo diving is not something I do, guess I will have to forgo diving this trip ;-0

So it's basically a dive 'with your own' type deal? Or you can't dive at all without a commercial permit?

diverjed once bubbled...
So it's basically a dive 'with your own' type deal? Or you can't dive at all without a commercial permit?
It's dive on your own in the national parks in Wyoming. A LDS would need the commercial permit to run a dive boat or even take a group out.

There I was admiring the beauty of Lake McDonald at Glacier National Park (it's so close to the Tetons, you should go if you can, it's so amazing!) when all of the sudden, two divers surfaced and came walking out of the lake. I was so bummed I didn't have any gear with me! They were locals, who just came out to dive for the day. In this computer-linked small world, I bet you could find a dive community (even if they lack a lds) in that area.

Good luck and don't miss Jenny Lake in the Tetons. Well worth the barrage of mosquitoes.

:D
Lisa

lisacats once bubbled...
In this computer-linked small world, I bet you could find a dive community (even if they lack a lds) in that area.
I was hoping to find it on SB! Also, the LDS angle impacts me because I don't have any equipment (yet) and would need to rent. Taking it from here isn't really an option - not enough room in the car.

There's still some time...

Sorry I missed the thread when it was new. We dive the Firehole River in Yellowstone Park all the time. Here are a couple of shops for you.

Teton Aquatic Supplies
155 W Gill St JACKSON, WY
(307) 733-3127

Inland Scuba
Idaho Falls, Idaho
(208)529-2636

:)

Good info to have, I plan on going there next year, and of course, diving it.

Back
Top Bottom