Diving knife - Weapon or not??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dean810:
Ok, let's settle this. The primary purpose of dive knives is to protect yourself from giant attacking squid, like in "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". Therefore, they should be as long and sharp as possible. I don't know why anyone lake diving would wear a knife, since there are no giant squid there that I know of. Although maybe in Loch Ness.....

No no no, you've got it all wrong. To fight a giant squid you clearly need a harpoon and an electrified submarine. Or at least a dive-bat or shovel.

A

Dean810:
Ok, let's settle this. The primary purpose of dive knives is to protect yourself from giant attacking squid, like in "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea". Therefore, they should be as long and sharp as possible. I don't know why anyone lake diving would wear a knife, since there are no giant squid there that I know of. Although maybe in Loch Ness.....

But what about things like the Creature from the Black Lagoon? You will find them in lakes and such....

:007: "Quarry Thing" ate my original dive buddy and I always carry a knife in case I get a chance to settle the score :bubble_fi
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
:007: "Quarry Thing" ate my original dive buddy and I always carry a knife in case I get a chance to settle the score :bubble_fi
Ber :lilbunny:

Yea, the ole bite em on the nose thing wouldn't work underwater huh.

Dean810:
Was that "Quarry Thing" in Gilboa!!!! Now I don't know about that meet & greet!

Mayyyyyyybe :gator:

HarryWhisman:
Yea, the ole bite em on the nose thing wouldn't work underwater huh.
It's difficult to administer an effective bite and maintain an open airway :D not to mention that slime getting in your mouth--ICK!
Ber :D

AaronR103:
No no no, you've got it all wrong. To fight a giant squid you clearly need a harpoon and an electrified submarine. Or at least a dive-bat or shovel.

A

I stand corrected. Harpoon is for giant SQUID not Octopusses. I guess, according to John Wayne, giant Octopusses should be fought of with your knife. Duh. Sorry. Rookie mistake. Oh, yes. And Creatures from Black Lagoons as well. I guess, then, the electrified sub would be a plus in either situation? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm new to these forums.
So how about those amorphous jellyfish? Bat? Sword? Nunchakus? Or killer plankton? Hm? Answer me that!

Diver0001:
Pim Fortuyn made hating foreigners a political objective and probably would have become the Prime Minister if someone hadn't capped him.
Well he did come close to some rampant craze who did the same thing in 1933.... but Pim was not a debater.......a whimp.

But yes, I have heard from family still in NL that things have gotten bad..........I guess liberalism is no more.... or at least it has become selective

Sorry about this thread, I shouldn't have been generalizing about all knives designed souly to kill... but keep up the posting, im loving this stuff...

I took my first scuba class at VATECH back in 70. I missed the correct answer to the question. What is the this(a picture of a kinife). The correct answer "this is a tool".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom