Diving Lake Joseph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at doing a dive at Lake Joseph this Summer. Anyone out there who had done this? I might have a few o/w divers but mostly advanced or higher.

Lake Joseph is NW of Lake Muskoka - near Lake Rosseau. Very scenic, apparently some really good walls, etc. You might want to check with Scuba Shack in Gravenhurst as well as some of the local shops in in the GTA.

Try a Google search, also.

Cheers,
Neil

The two sites I’ve been to are the North Wall and the Grotto.
The North Wall is a huge wall that drops down to about 130 feet. The Grotto is about a quarter mile away. Not nearly as deep but plenty to see.
The lake has excellent vis by Muskoka standards and not as cold. I dont know of any shore dives so you'll need a boat.
Neil is right contact Dean at the Scuba Shack. Usually there charter boat is on Joe in late August.

I went up there last Summer with Scuba Shack's charter boat. It wasn't bad but that North wall is more like a 45 degree slope. We bottomed out at about 120 feet. The grotto is a bunch of boulders and large rocks piled up at the foot of a cliff which have created some interesting channels and openings that divers can swim around and through.

SoScuba & I were up there a few years ago. We also have some divebuddies who live in that area.

We were able to get a charter through Scuba Shack on Lake Joseph and be hosted on the boat by our friends.

We found a wall down to 177ft my log book says & we also found a cool bottle on the way back up the wall. It looked like an old milk bottle.

What I remember most is that the water had a lot of sediment in it and it was really tough vis once we lost our ambient light.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have contacted Neil and looks like we're headed there :) I'm also looking for a dive charter in Penetanguishene - Christian Island. I'll probably start another thread...

Sprinter:
I'm looking at doing a dive at Lake Joseph this Summer. Anyone out there who had done this? I might have a few o/w divers but mostly advanced or higher.

Lake Joe, is DEEP, DARK AND COLD - There are a couple of good sites, the wall and the grotto... Search around the net a bit and Im sure you can find some details. I think scuba shack has a diagram of both of them somewhere. Other then that there is really not anything of particular interest. I generally stick to Lake Muskoka, the Waome, or the falls or wherever..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom