Diving music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the water, I enjoy a complete absence of music.
Above water, I don't really have any favorite songs ABOUT diving, but I enjoy any number of songs while on boats, etc. Recently, I was turned on to Willie Nelson's Countryman album on a dive boat.

Another vote for Bob Marley.

By the way, when in Roatan I noticed a large following of the DM's and crew had a liking for Country and Western. You would get to the boats feeling so good and by the time you took your first giant stride of the morning you were feeling a little bummed out. By the end of the day, you were down right depressed.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

airmanbaseball: What are your favorite diving songs?

I had just finished a pair of incredible night dives on Oahu, a wall drift and a reef dive, with Pacific Paradise Divers and Captain Joe of the Nori Z. On our way back to the harbor, the Capn' cranks up Stairway to Heaven...

I'll never think of or hear that song again, without seeing the lights of Oahu through an impossibly bright starry night, warm night air rushing by. The glow of the dives still in me...

The experience seems to have made it a "diving tune".

Steve

No music underwater. Marley is great, But you can't beat "Barefoot Man "from the Caymans if you want diving songs. Stick your hand in a crack and you won't get it back from Amore.etc etc.

One that I like is by Evanesence called "Going Under". I just love the driving beat and soem of the words. Although, you have to kind of ignore the true meaning of the song - not very uplifting :)

Last month went out on a boat with 10 divers. Boat had Serius radio tuned into a classic rock station. It was the funniest thing instead of one guy playing air guitar to "More than a feeling" there was a whole friggin air band playing! Some songs we even had orchestral backups.... made for a good time.

I prefer the simple blub blub of the air bubble when I'm underwater. On shore, or boat, well island music, beacg stuff, etc.

Beach Boys
Bob Marley
Peter Tosh
Steel Drums
Latino Jazz
Flamenco Guitar
An of course for those times when dive buddy is really bothering me....
Shark's Theme from Jaws.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom