Diving music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Umm... Redneck Yacht Club?:fork:

Fish_Whisperer:
If they made an iPod case that was submersible to recreational diving depths, I'd have to go with Steve Roach's, "Quiet Music" album... :)

They do have an iPod case now. I saw it at the HI Ocean Expo a couple of weeks ago.

I really dig Octopus' Garden by the Beatles. I made a CD for my SCUBABUS and have a bunch of fun songs on it that I play during set up for my dives. It has:
Octopus' Garden, Children of the Sea (Black Sabbath), Barracuda (Heart), Sea of Love (Honeydrippers), HI 5-0 Theme (The Ventures), Yellow Submarine (The Beatles), some Dick Dale guitar songs, and a few more. I'm missing some Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett on it. I think I need to update it soon. I used to like my Barefoot Man CD but it got lost. Anyone know where to get a copy?

Like someone else already said, I prefer it quiet under water...no need for music. The sounds of the bubbles and whales off in the distance is just fine with me.

There's a piece in The Last Dive about the Rouses having a Diveman underwater CD or tape player. Can't find it just now, but it's in there somewhere.

Sharky, you drink Kava? ya never know....

Shaka Doug:
I used to like my Barefoot Man CD but it got lost. Anyone know where to get a copy?
Sure ... click the link I posted previously in this thread (reply 17) ... I got a few CDs from him a few months ago. It took a while for shipping, but they got here eventually ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Definately Jimmy B and Bob M, but sometimes I like to get hyped up for a dive instead of cooled out so I will listen to some 311 or Beenie Man.

I'm probably the only one, but would be nice to hear a post from other actionados of Boards Of Canada -their music is totally organic.
The last cd 'The Campfire Headphase' is the one I listen to after diving sometimes. When I'm dying, send me down through the water into a trench on acid with BOC in my ears. Way to go!
Phil TK

While getting ready ,I like a little bit of "Lounge against the machine" after that the normal punk , rock , metal , etc etc

I hear you for boards of canada, they are really chill. Have you heard the Tragically Hip? They are a canadian jam band with some really relaxing stuff. I have to say my favorites are Bob Marley and Dylan, the Dead, and some Slightly Stoopid(i don't know if anyone has heard of stoopid but they are amazing).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom