Diving near Tokyo for cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jagfish:
But it's the love here that you can't put a price tag on...

Wait until Steve gets you in the tub...

Trust me, you don't want to know about this.

OTOH, in my experience this is a small but fun diving community and you will definitely have some good folks to dive with if you decide to part with some yen.

Here is a link to a more "domestic" operation, you can see what they charge.

http://www.papalagi.co.jp/english/efun.html

That's interesting, Dev
I've never heard of these folks. They have a lot of shop sites on their web, and a ton of dives. Even multiple locations on the same day. Would need a lot of customers to support that, unless it is just the gaijin component of a Japanese diving operation, so it really does not need to earn it's own way. That seems most likely to me since a lot of the English in the website seemed non native.

Anyway, thanks for the link...

jagfish:
That's interesting, Dev
I've never heard of these folks. They have a lot of shop sites on their web, and a ton of dives. Even multiple locations on the same day. Would need a lot of customers to support that, unless it is just the gaijin component of a Japanese diving operation, so it really does not need to earn it's own way. That seems most likely to me since a lot of the English in the website seemed non native.

Anyway, thanks for the link...

I actually think those guys have like 4-5 people standing in a streetcorner in Harajuku EVERY day, handing out flyers...unbeleivable....

Will you come to Atami this weekend Jagfish? I was thinking of bringing my Katana and having a nice Kill Bill-style swordfight with you on the pier at sunrise....otherwise I can always challenge the tattoo-man on a "clip-the-nipple" duel...

Hattori Hanzo

Sting Ray:
I actually think those guys have like 4-5 people standing in a streetcorner in Harajuku EVERY day, handing out flyers...unbeleivable....

really..so they must be forengers handing out the flyers, I suppose...If they are so bug, I am just surprised I have never seen any visible sign of them diving at IOP or Futo.

Sting Ray:
Will you come to Atami this weekend Jagfish? I was thinking of bringing my Katana and having a nice Kill Bill-style swordfight with you on the pier at sunrise....otherwise I can always challenge the tattoo-man on a "clip-the-nipple" duel...

Sasaki-san...
I will be awaiting when you arrive at sunrise, and sad to say, will use your sweet-smelling silken garments to rid my soiled tool of your fluids. Please be sure that you bring enough servants to gather and carry all the mangled parts of your human coil back to your village.

It will be a woeful day...are you sure you would not rather take on nipple-man, or walk the higher path to peace and cowardice....and live to cower another day.

Papalagi actually advertised in the Japan Times a long long time ago.

I have seen them on several occasions around Izu.

Maybe I ran into a foreigner diving with them at Futo a couple of years ago.

jagfish:
really..so they must be forengers handing out the flyers, I suppose...If they are so bug, I am just surprised I have never seen any visible sign of them diving at IOP or Futo.

Actually they were Japanese....

Sasaki-san...
I will be awaiting when you arrive at sunrise, and sad to say, will use your sweet-smelling silken garments to rid my soiled tool of your fluids. Please be sure that you bring enough servants to gather and carry all the mangled parts of your human coil back to your village.

It will be a woeful day...are you sure you would not rather take on nipple-man, or walk the higher path to peace and cowardice....and live to cower another day.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you

:wink:

Mar Scuba:
Papalagi actually advertised in the Japan Times a long long time ago.

I have seen them on several occasions around Izu.

Maybe I ran into a foreigner diving with them at Futo a couple of years ago.

I don't pretend to know anything about them other than seeing their shop near IOP, noticing some Japanese groups with their rental gear, and stumbling across their site.

The point was not to promote someone I haven't and probably wouldn't dive with (I have two excellent operations that I use and am completely satisfied with those :thumbs_up ,) just to show those who were curious some prices from what I would consider a "domestic" operation (as stated in the original post.) FWIW, Mar and JUE are cheaper, almost certainly more gaijin oriented, and very good.

JAGFISH on the catwalk...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom