Diving near Tokyo for cheap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henryville:
Ah, yes, the hot tub. They probably had to lube the rim of the darn thing, but yes, somehow dcpac and jagfish got in the tub together. Steve was muttering something about dream girl and Jim was doing a reasonable rendition of a scene from Deliverance, and I'm not talking about banjoes or guitars. As far as we could see there was no water left when they got out, and needless to say no one was anxious to get in after that..

LOL!
I missed this part of the thread this morning!

Well...I guess when you've already lived it, reading about it isn't as important...

I will see you all this weekend and I am bringing the Gimp. BTW Jim just remember it will hurt a lot worse than in the bath tub and good thing I am young because Thomas is next.

RE: Papalagi Japan. Just to clarify the information on them. It's a Japanese-run shop, with quite a few locations throughout Japan, with mostly Japanese customers. They also have a shop in Guam. I worked for them about 7 years here (in Guam) before opening up my own shop about a year ago. They used to have a pretty big shop here, but various forces (typhoons, SARS, etc) have resulted in them being downsized quite a bit...just 2 full-time staff at the moment, both Japanese. (They, like many shops here, call in people to work "as needed.") Most of these "as needed" people are locals who speak English & Japanese. I don't know if the shops in Japan actually have any native English speakers. Even here in Guam, probably 98% of their customers are Japanese....most of the English-speaking divers coming to Guam go to one of the two big shops catering mostly to US & European divers. I've never been to any of their shops in Japan, but I can see the prices there are MUCH more expensive than here. In glancing back at that price list someone showed earlier, their prices here are roughly 1/2 to 1/3 of the Japan prices....maybe $65 for a beach dive, $90 for 2 boat dives.

Sting Ray:
Well that's a demonstration of your complete ignorance when it comes to the subject of me, and what I'm thinking, and what I might do. It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack, not knowledge of Trantinoiana. (recognize that one?)

Haha....of course! Did it occur to you that it might aswell have been Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan hizzing out that awsome line as Uma in Kill Bill?

Looking forward to diving with you again, when are you coming here next time?

:scubadive

Harry would definitely work, although I was in the mind of High Plains Drifter. I'll bet Quentin watched that one, it's a blazing revenge story.

November 12 - 21. Are you around? You might be doing DIR-F then, I think.

jagfish:
Henryville...
If I'm not helping out with the DIR-F, I'd be up for some diving.

Great. I'll PM with details as it gets closer.

Dev, we will be diving 13-14. Some of us doing the DIR-F. Others will go diving. I will send out an email.

Today five of us diving. One superdive with scooter and wife on doubles :07:

Sounds like a great weekend guys and gals, wish I could have been there.

Two trips to the U 853 blown out this weekend so I'm reduced to getting a DM credit by helping with a group of 22 Boy Scouts doing a Discover Scuba class. Not the same but I know Steve would have gladly traded places for this opportunity. Especially after Jim and Thomas.

By the way, remind me to tell you about the new (diving) use I found for KY jelly.

Be safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom