Diving on March 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome for the tank, it was no problem at all.

The second dive was a little short, the cold finally got to me after about 45 min and I had to call it. The two Jims were about 10 min behind me. JBD found the treasure chest. It was right were we have all looked all year long. I guess the vis was just too poor to see it before.

I had a great time today but I'm ready for it to warm up some. Brrr...

LoL, the missing CHEST! Well I'll be d**** I thought it was long gone!

I don't even remember how much was in it...So did jbd spring for Cracker Barrel?

It was once again great to dive with everyone. Chris ... sorry it wasn't your day. The good news is that there will be pleanty more!

I was great to finally meet and dive with jbd. It was a pleasure.

All in all I'd have to say that my first two drysuit dives went a little better than I expected. Once Chris helped me get my arms into my suit and John helped me get the zipper started that is. That's what buddies are for, right? :D

I certainly had some buoyancy issues on both dives, but I expected that. I'm looking forward to more practice. I really like diving dry and it sure made a huge different during the SI. Today was a rough day as it was with the cold, clouds, wind and occasional snow. It would have been downright dangerous to be diving wet.

Land Locked:
LoL, the missing CHEST! Well I'll be d**** I thought it was long gone!

I don't even remember how much was in it...So did jbd spring for Cracker Barrel?

Believe it or not he split it with John and I. We clearly didn't deserve it, but he insisted. He's the man!

Land Locked:

No but he did split it with us! :D We got $15 each so there was $45 and a ring. Allot of the paint was gone and the mud and silt was covering the whole thing. I don't know how he seen it!

(edit: Jim beat me to it, too slow of a typer. :wink: That was really nice of him!)

45 and a ring? I'm sure there was more in the box earlier in the year when I found it.
I thought for sure there would be more. Anyway, that was great that jbd split it, I'm
sure you guy's had a great SI at the Cracker Barrel! Now let's pray for an early spring!

Cracker Barrel. It is a big temptation......:wink:

Another one is Bob Evans....:eyebrow:

It looks like you guys had a really good day minus the drysuit issues. Rock on! Any who can resist the temptation of the Cracker Barrel?

John ran by his house and picked up his wife and they came to Cracker Barrel. Jim had to head home right after the diving as he had dinner plans with his wife back home so he wasn't able to join us.

Both John and Jim did well with the drysuits. Both described having some minor issues with bouyancy control, which is to be expected when you first start diving with a drysuit. A couple more dives with the drysuits and they will be comfortable.

Water clarity was excellent which is reason enough to dive Joe's in the winter. I saw several crawdads and came across a couple of hibernating catfish. Or at least it looked as though they were hibernating. One was well covered with silt. We did not see any bluegill or bass though and they are usually plentiful.

Looks like we will start John's wifes OW training fairly soon.

As for the treasure box--that was just the luck of having really good viz. The box had a small rock sitting on it and was well covered with silt. What caught my eye was the too perfect shape. I wasn't expecting it to be the treasure box.

Speaking of treasure boxes--I'm thinking of hiding two $100 bills, sealed of course, in Joe's this year. If I do I will post when its been done.

jbd:
As for the treasure box--that was just the luck of having really good viz. The box had a small rock sitting on it and was well covered with silt. What caught my eye was the too perfect shape. I wasn't expecting it to be the treasure box.

Speaking of treasure boxes--I'm thinking of hiding two $100 bills, sealed of course, in Joe's this year. If I do I will post when its been done.

You do know that even the planter could not locate that box last year. We thought
for sure that some non-knowing diver removed it. Looking back, was the viz really that
bad last year? So, are you reserving the clues to the $100's to your students? I could
use the extra cash to pay for your courses! :D

Back
Top Bottom