diving the flatop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it all gets here in time....crossing fingers...everything has shipped so now it depends on the UPS weinies...oh darn...not them again!

Mike

kylepreid:
We are planning on going to jocassee on sunday Dec 3rd

Uh...I think Mark was asking about the Sunday Oriskany dive. I could be wrong (as I am often).

JKSteger:
Uh...I think Mark was asking about the Sunday Oriskany dive. I could be wrong (as I am often).
Well slap me silly........DUH......I should have figured, im just so excited to try and get in the water that any day sounds good.

As for sunday march 25th, Whoever wants to dive that day needs to contact Gary with Al Gulf Diver at 251-968-4279 and scedule it up with him.

Hey guys, just to throw you an update. I have been doing some searching for hotels online, and the best deal I have found is a hotel called Microtel Inn in Gulf Shores, Al for $46 a night. I found it on cheaptickets.com. Im not sure if you all have booked a place yet, but you might want to think about doing so very soon. I think that spring break starts up around that time we are going to dive. I have noticed alot of hotels already sold out while I have been searching, that is what kinda threw me a hint for spring break. I haven't booked yet, but I will come the 1st of Jan. If anyone else finds a better deal, let us know. It would be nice to have everyone stay at the same place if possible.

Kyle

Will be on the lookout, KP.
Keep us posted.

the K

Yes it will be Spring Break then. If ya'll would like Us to check on rooms let Me know.
Maybe You would like a 3 BR condo. It may be possible to get rooms that the Boat could pick up at.
Let Me know how many BR You need and how many separate beds per BR ect...

BTW Let Me know about the second Day of Diving as soon as You can.

I'll second what Gulf Diver says...If you're all going to travel together, it may make more sense to rent a beach house or condo rather than paying for hotels.

I have a link on my site that offer beachhouses for rent, but before you think I'm trying to sell you something, I offer these as examples only so you can see the possible savings, or, If Gary picks you up, convenience. Since you're going to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores and I'm sure they have the same type of accomodations there at the same price. Check any vacation rentals in GS/OB and you should find a house or condo to suit you.

Good luck.

Eric

If everyone else is cool with renting a condo together, im down for it. It would probably cut down on alot of unnecessary cost.

Thanks for the info guys, if you have any recomendations we would appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom