diving the flatop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope to have my manifold and Nitrox cleared tanks well before that. I'll have them filled at 28% when I arrive. I'll be doing dual 80's assuming everything works as expected, should give me plenty of gas with reserve. I'll also be lugging a 6 CF spare air with Nitrox just in case.

Are we planning on more than one dive? If so I will need a refill. I can bring two additional singles along if needed.

Mike

This is a 2 tank dive, so you might want to plan on extra air. Thats why im not diving my doubles, I don't want to carry the extra tanks.

I'll be diving my 119's and the YAF will be diving her 100's.

I may flip that because my SAC rate is lower than hers. She might balk at carrying the extra weight on deck, however. We'll see.

We'll be diving EAN somewhere between 28% and 30%.

Either way we're good.

the K

For doubles, is the cross connect between the regulators a special hose? I didn't see one with the DIR hose sets. If so where do you get it? I see the 6 inch LP hoses, are those what you use? 6 inch seems short...

Mike

mikerault:
For doubles, is the cross connect between the regulators a special hose? I didn't see one with the DIR hose sets. If so where do you get it? I see the 6 inch LP hoses, are those what you use? 6 inch seems short...

Mike

I have no idea what you are asking? there is not connection between the regulators. you have 2 tanks, 2 bands and a manafold between the tank valves that allows the gas in the 2 tanks to become essentially one large tank. you have 2 regulators, one on each tank valve. One regulator will have your primary (long hose) and your BC inflator hose. The other will have your backup (bungieed), your Drysuit inflator and your Pressure guage.

Does this help?

I looked closer at the picture, you of course are correct...I wondered why the heck they would do that.

What do you think of the Oceanic Alpha8 PX3 Piston Regulator? It has a balanced first stage and was considered a best buy by several dive magazines? I bought two of them to set up the doubles rig. I figured swap out the hose on one with the 7 ft hose then set up the other hoses as needed. That way I have both a primary and secondary that I know are good quality.

I'll keep my other setup for singles.

Mike

Thanks.

I went ahead and got a 3 gage mini-console with depth, SPG and compass. I just need a second inflator hose for my drysuit and wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom