Diving Tips From Experienced SB Divers to nOObies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamie_r:
..snip..
we hit the water 45 minutes later, somthing just dosnet feel right, so we went down about 25 feet then we notice something is just wrong. He dosnet have a regulator,
..snip..

:shakehead

I'm not going to read through 13 pages. So if it hasn't alread been said, I'll say it.

Breath.....

Pay attention to your ears when visual clues aren't available. Your ears will let you know the slightest change in depth...up or down.

dont be afraid to refuse to dive with someone you feel is not a good buddy diver. Dive with someone you can trust to be there when and if you need them.

From my niece: "Oh, I don't carry a knife -- my dad does that for me!"
Same day: I had my first entanglement experience with fishing line in a submerged pine forest. Where was my husband? I could see his bubbles, 20+ feet away, playing with an anchor in the mud. Believe me, cussing underwater does not carry....

Good thing I had my dive shears in their pocket, threaded onto my BC waist belt. Feels good to be self-reliant.

The Single Most Important Advice is:
Don't listen to the 'experts' on this board - ANY advice you recieve here is suspect.

CIBDiving:
The Single Most Important Advice is:
Don't listen to the 'experts' on this board - ANY advice you recieve here is suspect.
Say it isn't so. I've lost all faith now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom