Diving travelling from Hong Kong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_pires

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning seeing family in Hong Kong from London and was looking to do a bit of diving as part of the trip.
Is there anywhere I can directly fly from Hong Kong for any decent dive sites/liveaboards?

Cheers,

Alan

P.S. Have done philippines from Hong Kong

Okinawa is a short flight from Hong Kong with great diving. I also believe you can get to Indonesia directly from there.

Get to Kota Kinabalu with AirAsia.com (return flight is about 350£) and have a week dive in Sipadan.

Thanks Guys.

Luko, I'm already going to the Sipidan this year, any other sugguestions?

Cheers

The Philippines are less than a 2 hour flight away, the diving and lodging are relatively cheap and some of the best diving anywhere. I lived in HK and found a trip to PG or Cebu to be very convenient and a great bang for the buck!

i guess what I am trying to say is I wouldn't count out Philippines just because you have already been there - have you been to different areas like Bohol, malapasqua?

Hi diverkun, I went to malapasqua and Dumaguete. Would you suguest anywhere else to dive? Cheers

Then you could also hop directly to PortMoresby / PNG with the saturday AirNiugini flight for about 750£ return rate. Not given but the flight tickets to PNG are always a hole in your pocket. AirNiugini might be the most expensive airline per flown mile, and unfortunately one of the only plying Port Moresby.
Diving Loloata and either Kavieng, Walindi or Tawali should be worth the trip.

Hi,

I'm planning seeing family in Hong Kong from London and was looking to do a bit of diving as part of the trip.
Is there anywhere I can directly fly from Hong Kong for any decent dive sites/liveaboards?

Cheers,

Alan
What time of the year would that be?
(directly fly from HK), would you accept change of flight(domestic), ferry, or land transfer(several hrs)?

If you like wrecks: Subic is 1hr flight via Clark DMIA airport and 45 mins drive. Leave on an early-am red eye and hit the water by lunchtime :D

If you like macro/muck/photo: Fly to Manila then 2 hours drive to Batangas/Anilao.

World-class diving, less than 3 hours commute from HK.

Thanks guys,

Centrals, I haven't fixed a date so anytime of the year. Prepared to fly

DevonDiver, Did you do a liveaboard or land based?

Would prefer to large pelagic's but if it's really good diving I'm up for it!

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom