Dm5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the port change suggestion, but no luck here. I'll keep playing around with it. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble onto a workaround, or maybe Suunto will come up with a solution in the distant future - after I've moved on to a different computer or left the hobby.

Thanks for the port change suggestion, but no luck here. I'll keep playing around with it. Who knows, maybe I'll stumble onto a workaround, or maybe Suunto will come up with a solution in the distant future - after I've moved on to a different computer or left the hobby.
Well, dang. Don't know what else to tell you other than do what fmerkel suggested in the post above. I didn't ask and too lazy to go back and see if you mentioned what OS you are using. We still use Win7 64 bit on all out computers and are not having any problems. Like I've mentioned, I have the Vyper Novo and my wife used the old style Zoop. Both connect and transfer to Subsurface without a problem.

Best of luck. Hope you get it straightened out soon. I know how something like this can be frustrating.

Oh yeah, I did all that stuff in post #4, on two different Win 7 and 10 computers. I'll try it on my third Win 10, 64 bit computer.
Thanks.

Just a note - my brand new Eon Core connected to DM5 first time on my AsusZen laptop Windows 10 v1709 so DM5 works at least some of the time.

I have a long post (#144, page 15) on the erratic nature of using DM5 with Win10. PC's I've upgraded from Win7>Win10 worked fine. I did a fresh install of Win10 (1703 and 1709) and DM5 failed on exactly the same hardware. I had to go back to Win7 and do the upgrades to get it to work. ScubaPro doesn't have a clue, though they did try to help. I did find the Suunto FaceBook page. Put in a bunch of info about failure by the newest version of DM5. They DID contact me, I DID send in diagnostic particulars > I've never heard back. :oops: :shakehead:

The Suunto FB page is full of unhappy people that are having weird results. :stirpot:

DM4 seemed like a better version. Some of the divers going back a ways think 3.1 was. Trouble is, Suunto pulled ALL those versions. You can't get anything but the most recent one. We are ALL beta testers for that, with an unresponsive company. :banghead:

Update: Didn't work with my third computer. I did get an official reply from Suunto about the connection problem, as follows:

"Thank you for getting back to us.

There might be some delays with the moves being transferred to Movescount, so we highly recommend is to wait for the coming updates since we are already working for permanent fix for this issue.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions, please let us know."

More features, to hell with function. FIX THE DAMN THING!!!

It would be good to have a 'stripped' version without [Movescount]. Not everyone wants to put everything in the cloud. I'd bet most divers don't want the feature. It's probably a cross platform feature they 'hammered' into DM4/5 to make it work like some of their other athletic products.

Last edited:
Update: Didn't work with my third computer. I did get an official reply from Suunto about the connection problem, as follows:

"Thank you for getting back to us.

There might be some delays with the moves being transferred to Movescount, so we highly recommend is to wait for the coming updates since we are already working for permanent fix for this issue.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any other questions, please let us know."
I'm at a complete loss as to why your Zoop Novo won't connect with Subsurface. I'm assuming you did go into File/Configure dive computer to point it to Suunto. I'm just trying to think of anything that could be causing your problem. I've never encountered this before with anyone using Subsurface.

You know what, though. I say that , but now that I think about it, I had been using both DM5 and Subsurface and would download to both from the Vyper Air I had at the time, trying to figure out which software I liked best. Suddenly, it got to where my DC would connect to DM5, show that it was downloading the dives, but then they would not show up in the dive profiles. They would for a while download into Subsurface, but eventually got to where it would not even connect to that software. After a short time, the Vyper Air started behaving oddly and then eventually locked up. It got stuck in the logbook function and would not respond to any button I pressed. I got nowhere with Suunto support (it was still under warranty) and after about 3 months of nothing but frustration with them, I took it back to the LDS I bought it from. They said they would test it and see what they could figure out. Didn't hear anything from them for a while until one day, they called and said to come pick up my new Vyper Novo that it was being replaced with. Never did get an explanation as to what went wrong with the Vyper Air, but I have a suspicion that the DM5 corrupted the software in it. Since I received the new Vyper Novo, I have completely uninstalled DM5 from any of my computers and have been using Subsurface exclusively since. I have not had a single connection problem since and the Novo has worked flawlessly.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with your Zoop Novo, just relating what happened to me. If you've been trying to use DM5, you could be having some of the same issues I encountered. If you have Subsurface on a laptop, you might take it to your LDS and see if they will let you hook one of theirs up to it to see if it will connect. At least that would tell you where the problem may lie.

Not sure if this has been answered already but I recently bought an Eon Core. The Eon Core is displaying imperial units but when the dive logs are exported to DM5 all the information switches to metric. Is there a way to fix this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom