Do my buddy's split fins kick up a lot of silt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2. People who talk down split Split fins tried weak or small or limp little fins. Next time go for a quality item.

My one and only pair of splits were AA smoke on the waters - next to jet fins, they suck at everything aside from flutterkicking.

I love my split fins (Atomic Aquatics), and they are top quality. Cheap fins, split or not, are all terrible. Now to dispel some myths about split fins:
1. Split fins do not kick up more silt or sand than other fins.
2. People who talk down split Split fins tried weak or small or limp little fins. Next time go for a quality item.
3. Split fins will not lead to sterility in men or infertility in women.
4. Split fins do not make you look "funny" in the water or on the boat.
5. Split fins do not make your butt look big.
That should put an end to fuirther split fin conversation. I believe I have said it all.
DivemasterDennis

Please upload a video showing GOOD back, frog and heli using split fins, then the conversation might come to an end.

I started with Split fins had many a pair.
When I bought my first set of doubles I couldn't move only hump the water!
Needless to say I now have many a set of fins blades that is.
Ive had lots of trouble moving my splits of which I payed well over $150 for two pair in particular.

Regardless of what fin; slit shakers, dirt devils, fog flounders, vis destroyers are a class of divers all of their own!
Some I fear are proud of their dastardly ways.
If only they had to dive in zero vis the rest of their dives!

CamG

I love my split fins (Atomic Aquatics), and they are top quality. Cheap fins, split or not, are all terrible. Now to dispel some myths about split fins:
1. Split fins do not kick up more silt or sand than other fins.
3. Split fins will not lead to sterility in men or infertility in women.
4. Split fins do not make you look "funny" in the water or on the boat.
5. Split fins do not make your butt look big.
That should put an end to fuirther split fin conversation. I believe I have said it all.
DivemasterDennis
Swim along a silly bottom three feet up. Discussion over.

Back
Top Bottom