Do you Drink and Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, what a busy thread :)

I don't drink before because it makes me need to pee and I dive in a dry suit :wink:

Seriously, I like being hydrated. I will go for a couple of drinks the night before or after the dive, but I'll ensure I drink 1 glass of water for every glass of beer. Seems to work quite well. I ensure that immediately after each dive I drink at cup of water immediately and will typically drink a 500 ml bottle of water on the drive home.

Just my $0.02

This is simple........NEVER.........NEVER...........NEVER.....

Thanks for both educating me (off-gassing) and entertaining me, bored at work.

Before a dive, I'm in the conservative camp: no more than a couple of beers at most, no less than 12 hrs before the morning dive, with lotsa water (no science to that time, just my standard.) Surface time: nope; lotsa water. After diving: depends on the next day's plan. BTW, I also appreciated learning from SB not to dunk myself in the hot tub after diving.

If I'm not diving the next day, then I feel free to apply copious amounts of GOOD tequila. And in the interests of fair exchange, here are educational tips for you who complain about tequila:

1. only drink the good stuff; 100% agave will be posted proudly on the label if it's so. Don't touch it if it's not 100% agave, because it can legally be mixed with up to 49% grain alcohol or ANYthing else. (Cheap vodka is a common additive.)
2. only SIP it straight; none of that Hollywood/amateur shooting stuff. Besides, if you followed Step 1., then good stuff deserves to be sipped.
3. lotsa water. I've heard from some self-informed dieticians that if you chug water, it contributes to the flushing effect. That's why I order my water with little ice, because I can chug it without a brain freeze.

Follow those three steps and you'll never have a hangover again.

--Wayne

A Few Beer With The Group At Dinner The Night Before A Dive Has Caused Me No Problems. Nothing To Stop Me From Drinking Plenty Of Water At The Same Time Though. It's The Same Thihg I Do At The Races 1 Beer -1water Repeat.
Have Seen Some Who Went To Far With The Crown Royal And Had To Miss Out Next Morning Dives
To Bad When This Happens.

mermaid8773:
I'm curious to know how many people have ALWAYS dove 100% sober......

Among many others, I am one of them.:14:

I never drink alcohol before diving, often a beer after.
I always hydrate.
I often dive not-sober.

Yeah, I've certainly put 'em away while vacationing in the past. Now that my trips are dive orientated, it's H20 and fruit juices. All the $$$ once spent on alcohol now goes to diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom