Do you like diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked my girlfriend (who almost drowned at 14, and hated the water) to get CERT, she now loves diving, consequently, we take better vacations every year. She loves photography, so she has incorporated that with diving... We are taking advanced to build our confidence... just did two days of lobster diving this weekend together it was a blast!

DSCF0393.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

Chris

I love diving so much I wish I could give up my "regular job" and dive and teach full time. Unfortunately, my "regular job" has paid for all my gear, certs, etc. Fortunately, my boss actually lets me dive during regular working hours (yes I still get paid - crazy I know!!!) so long as it does not affect my responsibilities and the company.

So . . . I guess I actually have the best of both worlds . . . just selfish of me to want to be near, on and in the water 24/7!!!

Sorry no i don't like diving,but over the years I made some mistakes :11:

Some 25 years ago I took some diving lessons
13 years ago i became a scuba instructor
6 years ago I opened my divestore.
according to my log I spent well over 3000 hours onderwater(stupid me)

But do I like diving...
hell yes where else can you have so much fun,can you see such beauty and where can you spend so much hard urned $$$$:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Somebody in for a dive :popcorn:

Hi. I'm Mike and I'm a scubaholic. Its been 8 days since my last dive. I have admitted that I am powerless against it. The ocean was created by a power greater than me. Resistance is futile. I am a better person when diving. I admit I have not always been a good diver. I welcome tutelage and mentoring to improve my diving ability, and have asked for help. I made a list of all the divers I was a bad buddy to, and offered to make amends. I admit when I make mistakes while diving. I promise to keep my contact with diving and am open to the next opportunity to dive: if the weather, tides and currents cooperate, I will dive. I now understand my place in the underwater world, and will post on Scubaboard to take this message to divers everywhere. :D

Short answer - heck yeah I like diving.

(with no disrespect to anyone who follows any other 12 step program)

Walter:
I know exactly what you mean. Some folks only dive to sightsee or to take photographs, or........ I'd continue to dive even if I were blind. I love the sensations. That's one reason I like diving wet better than dry and why I prefer to dive in just a swim suit - the sensations. I love moving through the water. Great topic!

What Walter said! That's definitely one of the reasons I'd prefer warm weather dives. If I can get by without a wetsuit, I'm even happier because I just like being in the water, and you don't feel it as well when you're covered from head to toe. The sights are a total bonus really. When I went on my first drift dive, although the fish and coral were nice to look at, I was totally grooving on just the feel of riding the current and being submerged. I remember after the first dive of the day, the DM made a comment about how high I stayed above the floor and I just said that I was having too much fun to go lower!

Of course, when I got to swim with my first turtle, that was super cool as well!

How much do I love diving?
I've tried working out an early retirement and moving to Mexico for better diving. My wife said she refused to move because she doesn't want to be that far from the kids and grandkids.
I love my wife SOOOO much !!!!

I sure will miss her.

If I get the gist of the ???? its not about the type of diving it's being u/w breathing that matters.

SO

Yes I like diving I used to dive in places that you saw as much with your eyes closed as open. Just to be underwater. And I had a great time in pools even.
But I do love the 80/80 diving with the pretty fishes.

Have to agree with everyone else on this - I love diving!

Just being underwater, weightless, it's an amazing experience.

No bills, no chores, no schedule (except for NDL), it's exhilarating.

I love diving and wish I hadn't put getting around to it for so many years. I love reefs, wrecks and just being under the water. Since I might be able to retire in a few years I'm trying to decide where I want to retire to. I prefer warm water but if I can retire I have to be able to dive. So I guess I'm addicted and I hope I'm never cured.

do I like diving????? like is not a strong enough word.... I love diving, there is nothing that I have ever done that allows me to find such peace, it allowed me to find the love of my life who is a more addicted diver than I am... and who I don't have to justify how much I spent on whatever gizmo that has caught my attention...

I love the feeling of weightlessness, or the fact that I can "fly"...
I love seeing the ship wrecks in Lake Erie...
I love seeing the trout and the walleye in the creek just within walking distance of my house... who needs warm water and flashy fish
I love seeing the joy on a new diver's face when they dive for the first time...
I love the fact that there are people out there that are in this just as badly as I am...and we all like to get together and indulge in our mutal love together...
I love the fact that there are no phones, TV's, computers, faxes, or deadlines other than my bottom time....
I love everything but schleping the weight of the equipment until I am in the water...
I even love the cool water running through my wetsuit zipper when the days are hot and the water is cool......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom