Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobArnold8265:
. I think a lot of the LDS have failed because they were just bad businesses to start with. I know several of my LDS's offer terrible customer service and give you an attitude that they're the only game in town. Leisure Pro may have been the final blow to these shops but the fact that others are still around tells me that LP isn't the only reason some shops have closed.

If the LDS's want to stay in business, then they need to find a niche to serve. Good customer service, competetitive pricing (not necessarily the best price but a reasonable one) and other services (repairs, maintanence, education, travel arrangements etc.) seem to be the key. You can blame LP for raising the bar on price and service but the LDS's only have themselves to blame if they can't find other ways to compete.

well said.....

BobArnold8265:
You know this is the exact same type of argument people make about Walmart. Yes, Walmart has put some smaller stores out of business. They did it by offering the same products at lower prices (just like Leisure Pro). However there are many small stores that have thrived by offering things that Walmart can't always provide. I think a lot of the LDS have failed because they were just bad businesses to start with. I know several of my LDS's offer terrible customer service and give you an attitude that they're the only game in town. Leisure Pro may have been the final blow to these shops but the fact that others are still around tells me that LP isn't the only reason some shops have closed.

If the LDS's want to stay in business, then they need to find a niche to serve. Good customer service, competetitive pricing (not necessarily the best price but a reasonable one) and other services (repairs, maintanence, education, travel arrangements etc.) seem to be the key. You can blame LP for raising the bar on price and service but the LDS's only have themselves to blame if they can't find other ways to compete.

Excellent, Bob.
I think that we as divers, whether we buy from Leisurepro or not, owe them a debt of gratitude. They have singlehandedly been responsible for many, lds's either cleaning up their acts (competitive pricing, customer service, good attitude, etc.) or failing. The ones who survived (or will survive) are probably better than they were before, the others are no loss.
And now that several large retailers such as Scubatoys have stepped forward to compete with LP we can expect an even better situation. I don't think I have ever heard Scubatoys, crying about LP. They are not afraid of LP because they understand the market. I don't know Larry or Joe personally, but I would loved to have been present a year or so ago when they told Scubapro what they could do with their gear.

Incidentally, I occasionally buy from LP, Scubatoys, other online retailers, and lds's.

we are group of 7 divers 90% of our gears are from LP

I have never ever had any bad Experience with them

Fast Shipping Best price Good warranty

I have a Fake BC It's not from Leisure pro. Actually it was bought a few years ago at a Local LDS. I got a spear gun from leisure pro and It's perfect and work perfectly

Have a look by yourself

Picture2430.jpg
'

Picture2395.jpg

Picture2431.jpg

Dont be surprised if you dont get factory blemishes and a odd piece of gear that functions but didnt go together well at the factory (mask frame plastic, bad stiching, pilings on wetsuits, lights with wrong bulbs voltage, dinged valves, tanks with 2 yrs on hydro, fins with molding errors, etc) and can still be used.

I bougth a Brand New Steel tank at my LDS In Mid Sept of this year (2007). The Manufacture date is Mar 2006. 1 1/2 years Old. So I got stiffed on at least 1 year of hydro. LDS said thats the way it is. So it happens at both Internet sales and LDS.

you'll most likely never get a recent hydro date at any dive shop unless they do a lot of tank volume sales or direct ship (like what Worthington does).

Tanks are not a big profit maker for shops.

Your right most LDS make a minimal profit $15-20 per tank. Otherwise LP is very reputable and by far a great retailer in regards to customer support.

How about starting another thread and showing the uneducated (people like me) how to spot and what makes this particular model a fake. (??)

this is a thread about LP, hence the suggestion to start it's own thread.

I have a Fake BC It's not from Leisure pro. Actually it was bought a few years ago at a Local LDS. I got a spear gun from leisure pro and It's perfect and work perfectly

Have a look by yourself

<snip>

How about starting another thread and showing the uneducated (people like me) how to spot and what makes this particular model a fake. (??)

this is a thread about LP, hence the suggestion to start it's own thread.
Before doing that, youd have to define what a "fake" is..
Generally fake merchandise is design copies thats branded with for example apex and sold under the pretences of being an apex for example. However, if the design is copied and its not branded apex, its not a fake apex. It MIGHT be an unauthorized copy but its not "fake"..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom