Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey:
That depends on what the parts are.

I don't really care if my reg comes with a free $10 bag of o-rings every year, but you can be certain that I care a lot that my Smartcom comes with free $400 (somewhere in that area) battery replacement for life.

Terry
That's why I suggest checking. Got to choose item by item and need by need.

Actually I’m told that battery replacement requires a $10.00 battery that you can get at radio shack, a modicum of soldering skill and a small bowl full of mineral oil. For that they charge $400.00? Sounds pretty close to hostage taking to me.

Dont be surprised if you dont get factory blemishes and a odd piece of gear that functions but didnt go together well at the factory (mask frame plastic, bad stiching, pilings on wetsuits, lights with wrong bulbs voltage, dinged valves, tanks with 2 yrs on hydro, fins with molding errors, etc) and can still be used.

When I returned a defective Mares BCD to LP after 9 months of use they gave me a brand new one right away. I don't really care how they get their products but instead that they provide a warranty and good service. Most dealers will just refer you to the manufacturer anyway and I have had a harder time dealing with the manufacturers than LP.

I tried a couple local dive shops in NYC and found them rude and unhelpful. They seemed to get mad at me when I asked about products they sell but didnt have in stock. LP is my local dive shop and their service is quick, cheap and they do a good job.

DiversDiscountFlorida:
You seem confused about the returns. I am questioning where the returns to unauthorized dealers go without the manufacturer as source. It's rhetorical. They don't go the normal route of defective or broken product in the US. Back to the mfg for replacement to the retailer. Back on the shelf in new condition or removed from public sale.

Do not confuse me with anyone else. I am my own person and, as such, not concerned with the status quo. I mind my business and I speak my mind.

Authorized Dealers do not compete with unauthorized dealers. They compete with other Authorized Dealers on a level playing field. That is, one where warranty, price, service, dealer support and manufacturer's representation are all part of the equation.

jivebaby:
I tried a couple local dive shops in NYC and found them rude and unhelpful.

Rude and unhelpful in NYC!!! Say it isn't so.:rofl3:

You could always cross over to NJ and get a second helping.

jivebaby:
I tried a couple local dive shops in NYC and found them rude and unhelpful. They seemed to get mad at me when I asked about products they sell but didnt have in stock.
:rofl3: I am curious which shops?

A lot of my stuff is from Leisurepro. I have recently had good service from Pan Aqua and I get my regs serviced at Village Divers.

awap:
Rude and unhelpful in NYC!!! Say it isn't so.:rofl3:

You could always cross over to NJ and get a second helping.

I found several shops here in Chicago that meet the same criteria...

vladimir:
:rofl3: I am curious which shops?

A lot of my stuff is from Leisurepro. I have recently had good service from Pan Aqua and I get my regs serviced at Village Divers.

gee, I am curious too, I go to all three vladimir mentioned as well and have been happy with the service.

You didn't expect the reaction you received? Man, you're pretty brave to even utter the word "LeisurePro" within the premises of a LDS.! Mentioning the "ones we don't speak of" to a LDS is like asking a cop where to buy cheap dope....

pteranodon:
You didn't expect the reaction you received? Man, you're pretty brave to even utter the word "LeisurePro" within the premises of a LDS.! Mentioning the "ones we don't speak of" to a LDS is like asking a cop where to buy cheap dope....

I think the post you are responding to said that he asked about products that weren't in stock, not telling them that lp had them for less.

I pretty much buy everything from LP. I have never had a problem with their service or their products. One of my friends has been using them for a few years to get his regs serviced, and also has had no problems. One of the tech's at my LDS has a few times outside the shop told me to buy things from there instead of the shop he works at. For example my LDS has the same Trident spring loaded catch bag for $75, I think on LP they sell it for around $40. Thats $35 towards my next dive.

As far as Im concerned my LDS is only good for air fills, and they dont even get that right sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom