Votes: 90 44.1%
  • No, but my hat does

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • No, its stupid to let others know I dive

Votes: 31 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to have something on our car, I always smile when I see other divers vehicles, lets me know there are "normal" :D people on the roads and brightens my day, but we don't have anything on our vehicle, my husband (also a diver) thinks it is dumb to have declare we are divers with a car full of gear, inviting someone to break in and steal it...... :copper:

This makes sense to me, but I would like other divers to see me and smile:cheers:

I have a dive flag license plate on my patrol car.

Maybe I am inviting someone to try to break into my vehicle, but it makes my day to arrest stupid criminals.:)

I'm just wondering how many divers have had their car broken into and of the times that it did happen if it was a sticker that enticed the thief. Maybe that should be a separate thread?

tinman once bubbled...
My principle reason for putting a small dive decal on my bumper is to make sure anyone that has to deal with my vehicle in a fire, car accident, etc. is aware that my trunk could contain compressed gas. It also helps on occasion to meet other divers. ..
Excellent point Tinman....clues like that sure help out Firefighters during Rescue Operations...at least it is a red flag to a "potential" hazard. BTW...My van doesn't say "I'm a diver"...it cays "I'm a Firefighter" (FF plates, decal on window and flashing light on dashboard)
Randy...

Unfortuanately, I've never seen a dive logo on a bus.

on the rear window of my car. DAN decal inside the trunk lid for phone number reference.

Most people (including the salesperson at the last dive shop where I bought the alpha decal) have no clue what it means, which is fine. Doesn't advertise that I may have expensive gear inside.

The few that do recognize it are usually veteran divers. I saw a guy in the company parking lot checking it out and he is now my cavern/deco instructor and a good friend.

For as long as I have been in the sport, I have disliked the red/white dive flag. It always amuses me to board a dive boat and see it plastered on every surface and piece of clothing...

We have our "dive-mobile" adorned with a WA state dive flag sticker in the rear window, and a dive flag style license plate holder.

:thumb:

I have personalized license plates "KYK-DVR" since I dive from my kayak all the time. Some people know who I am anyway as my two yellow kayaks are on my pickup truck 24-7 since I live in a condo and have no place else to put them. :shades:

Small dive flag in the top left hand corner of my back window. I never take my car when I am diving. I go with the B/F and he has dive things all over the place. He also has my necklace that says cobaltbabe on it.

I dont have a car but my dually has a sticker in the bacl window from the Peace, its a Ventura area dive boat.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom