Donation of primary or secondary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flycaster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do you favor donating the primary or secondary?

Primary........any other way and you'll die......lol.

Whatever is in your mouth, so primary

Do you favor donating the primary or secondary?

Either one works. Depending on my configuration I would donate the one that makes more sense in that configuration. Either way, your buddy must know what to expect.

R..

Primary, known to be working with breathable gas.

Whatever you've trained on and your buddy has been briefed about. I use a long hose setup and am happy with that, some of my buddies do the same, others prefer a standard octo setup.

And since we're in Basic: Just be aware that hog looping (long hose around the neck) and primary donate doesn't go very well with wearing a snorkel - if you're into snorkels. And that IMO it's good form to do an S-drill after descending, to make sure your long hose hasn't become tangled in any way. It has happened to, uh, a friend I know...

Whatever you've trained on and your buddy has been briefed about. I use a long hose setup and am happy with that, some of my buddies do the same, others prefer a standard octo setup.

And since we're in Basic: Just be aware that hog looping (long hose around the neck) and primary donate doesn't go very well with wearing a snorkel - if you're into snorkels. And that IMO it's good form to do an S-drill after descending, to make sure your long hose hasn't become tangled in any way. It has happened to, uh, a friend I know...
This (although I don't use a long hose). Use what you have been trained on and briefed your buddy on.

Also a well prepared diver will check his primary and octo so they know they both work.

Remember this is BASIC scuba therefore the diver WILL always know what gas they are diving as they WILL only be on one gas (air or nitrox). Mixed gas diving belongs in advanced/technical so that reason should never apply to basic scuba.

50/50... (actually, more "octo" donate)*

*Depends on the regulators I'm diving. Many times, it is a double hose.

Back
Top Bottom