Dorcy Dive II 220 Lumen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine are still going strong, apart from the aforementioned issue with being hard(er) to turn on/off below ~40m. For $40 I reckon they're a steal for a tech backup (burn time allowing) or primary day/night dive light

That's probably true for any twist on-off light as the pressure is pushing the O ring against its seat.

I have 3 Dorys now for a while without any failures with recreational depth dives.

Adam

How are these lights for a primary light for night dives in clear warm water?

How are these lights for a primary light for night dives in clear warm water?

They are fine. Any light that works in cold water with limited viz works in clear water. The only issue is the narrower beam angle that is needed in limited viz but not in clearer water.

So, they work but if you have a light with a wider beam it will work in clear water and you will see more.

It's sort of a no brainer though to have one of these types of lights because they make great backup lights in any water conditions.

Great light. Have them as my two back ups.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

They are fine. Any light that works in cold water with limited viz works in clear water. The only issue is the narrower beam angle that is needed in limited viz but not in clearer water.

So, they work but if you have a light with a wider beam it will work in clear water and you will see more.

It's sort of a no brainer though to have one of these types of lights because they make great backup lights in any water conditions.

I've got to agree with the above.

for night-time, I like my wider beam lights better as they light up more.

where I REALLY like this light is for daytime dives, looking in nooks and crannies with it's focused beam. It's great for looking under the endges of sunken bridge spans for instance, which are narrow corridors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom