Dork Divers – Designers – Need a new logo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic:
Well, your design suits me perfectly... I have blue split fins, a blue mask, AND a pink snorkel! :rofl3: :rofl3:
Well, what do you know. And here, I've got Jets, a pair of D-rings, and a bright smiling face. It's like those "You got chocolate in my peanut butter!" commercials, I tell you. :D

Ok i'm not a graphic artist so mayby someone else can try this(i'll share profits 80/20)
Mask and crossed snorkels like in skull and bones :D
btw I do keep my copyrights do I :D

Time and day stamp on this post are legal proof :rofl3:

Among the things that I like about mine (I know, I know... like I wouldn't like it) are the fins. The split fin and paddle fin (a Jet, actually :D) together in the logo show our inclusiveness (if you can have splits and Jets in the same logo, you *must* be inclusive, eh? :wink:).

The mask-on-forehead shows that we don't hold to arbitrary rules where they don't apply. (If he were in the surf out in California, the mask probably wouldn't still be on the smiley's forehead -- wouldn't be smiling for that matter -- but there are no waves there, so the smile remains as does the mask.)

The pink snorkel... well, that shows... um... our security in our own dorkness, I suppose? We don't need to conform, and frankly, having fun with your gear is a blast.

The blue D represents the lovely blue, tropical water we would really enjoy diving (whether or not we actually go there), and the opposing D is approximately the color-complement of blue. It represents the complement of that nice tropical, bluewater diving and proclaims that even if you dive conditions completely different than most people's ideas of fun, if you have fun doing it, you can be a dork there, too.

The blue mask with pink lens pretty much goes along with the pink snorkel, but it also says that if something works for you and increases your enjoyment of the dive (as some people say the pink lens does to the colors), by all means go for it and enjoy yourself. It may be right, and it may even be wrong, but if it's safe and improves your fun, why worry about everyone else? Additionally, the concept of "seeing the world through rose-colored glasses" is invoked -- Dork Divers should always strive to see the best in everyone (of course, sometimes the best in some people is their tank-side silhouette, but that's not in the logo :rofl3:).

Anyway, guess that's the short version of the explanation that was lost in the Great Burn. :D

That is one of my favorite logos so far.

Dave

ClayJar:
Well, let's put mine back in here. :wink:

Hey Clay, can you add an orange shovel?

merxlin:
Hey Clay, can you add an orange shovel?
Nah. The logo goes on the shirt pocket, but the embroidered orange shovel goes on the outside of the short sleeve. :D

This is one of my favorate topics on SB. The first time i read about DD, I said to the other voices in my head "BRILLIANT" "

tusapinklady.jpg

Pink is In!
And the Pink Lady is Back!

fins2.gif

frank_delargy:
Pink is In!
And the Pink Lady is Back!
For Merlyn's last time, that's not *pink*... It's like strawberries-and-cream where *true* pink is more the shade of rock-hard bubble-gum.

It's... um... an echo of pink for people afraid to wear proper pink... or maybe that's just my monitor. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom