Double 50 Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think its been mentioned clearly, but there are newer steel LP50 tanks that have been sold within the last few years. These are nice tanks and are pretty hard to find.

Post up the stamp ID#s. If they are newer tanks, they probably have a 2400psi rating on them.

Buy the manifold . Either it's old and you'll get some decent money over on Vintage Double Hose, or it's new and it'll be a standard isolator manifold and you keep it and dive.

I bought one of those manifolds - vintage 2 tanks into 1 - once but the problem with it was the shoulder on the yoke that attaches to the 1st stage has an integrated flange/support and my modern Atomic Yoke would not fit over it - although otherwise it would've worked.

So if you own regs, might ask if you can try it.

My 50cuft steel USD tanks manufactured in 1965 are my favorite tanks for ID's. They weigh 25lbs each and provide me with more air than my 94cuft PST steel single. My LDS over fills them to 2000 psi so I hit the water with 4000psi of air in two separate systems. Plus they are a breeze to carry around unmounted form the BP. They also make pretty good stage bottles. I'd like to find another set of these.

The downside is they are very buoyant when empty. Mounted on the BP(6lbs) wing empty, with the regulators mounted it still takes 10-12 lbs to sink them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom