Doubles Tanks Must Have Same Height???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
let me just say i'd take anything they say diving-wise to the bank

I'm pretty sure that you didn't mean me. :wink: I should have specified that aluminum tanks are molded from molten metals. I watched a cool video from Luxfer recently that went through their process of making aluminum tanks.

JeffG:
You are dealing with a typical shop monkey. He's an idiot, find another store.
Ditto.

My PST 104s differ by about 1/4" so they lean just a tad if you look at them carefully when they're sitting on the ground. You of course don't want a 2" difference, but a little is just fine. You line up the valves, not the cylinder bottoms when you assemble them.

Roak

So theoretically, you could double up a Luxfer 80 and a Catalina S80?

Find a new LDS, or at least discuss this releveation with the owner.

xiSkiGuy:
Perhaps I'm not being clear. I'm not saying that close enough probably isn't good enough. I am saying that the following quotes are inaccurate:

You are dealing with a typical shop monkey. He's an idiot, find another store.
Please. Tell me where I am inaccurate? I would love to know.

dhampton82:
So theoretically, you could double up a Luxfer 80 and a Catalina S80?
You could, but you would have a hell of a time with balance issues as the Catalina is a little heavier than the Luxfer.:D

Oh, and congratulations on the quitting smoking!

JeffG:
Please. Tell me where I am inaccurate? I would love to know.
As it is an opinion, I suppose it doesn't have a degree of accuracy.

In so much as you are calling someone an idiot just for following the recommendations of his cylinder supplier, I disagree with you.

I really think you are letting this business about being right one time back in 2005 regarding pee valves and quick disconnects go to your head.:D

let me say I just have to agree with Jeff on this find another store.

You can assemble tanks of different sizes in length. Not a good idea but it can be done

Theoretically speaking, the only requirements of doubling up tanks are that they have the same tank body outside diameter and the same thread sizing for the manifold/valves.

Even then, if the manifold had the same crossmember ID/OD's but the individual valves had different thread sizes for different tanks, they could still be doubled up.

But I must state that having to special order two tanks in order to put together a doubles configuration is, without a doubt, a bit over the top.

the K

similar discussion going on here. Seems differences for Worthington steels can be up to a quarter of an inch and the do try to match tanks that are being doubled.

i'll abstain from the debate as to whether or not that's a material difference

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom