Downsides of being cheap, sharing examples

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe when your kids getting into diving? For those who are vacation divers, I think the bar of not kicking coral is all that needs to be met.
I can hardly wait to take more instruction... fundies, AN/Helitrox, who knows... CCR.. Have to wait until it makes sense in my little life.... it'll probably happen sooner than I think.

Kids are all cert, but they sort of lost interest after that. The oldest dives, but not regularly.

Kids are all cert, but they sort of lost interest after that. The oldest dives, but not regularly.
And you haven't disowned them? They aren't dead to you? :eek:

And you haven't disowned them? They aren't dead to you? :eek:
LOL... let's just say we're not as close as we could be! Paternity tests have been ordered!

You would think the kids would know which side of their bread is buttered and keep diving to make sure of their college money and such. 🤣😂
LOL... I told all of them, get cert, that's all I ask. Then they'll have the card forever. If after certs they wanted to hang it up then that's fine too. At least it was something they all got to experience together... and honestly going through that with them and camping last year up @ Dutch will forever be one of my best summers ever.

We live in cold water diving (as you do), they really just don't like the gear, hoods, gloves, wetsuits, etc. If I take them to the Blue Heron Bridge they're there every day diving... so they like diving, just not the cold stuff!

They really are just plain lazy! 2 of them really like oyster diving when the waters are ~ 36 ish, so they're not all bad. They get about 20 min and then jump back on the warm boat.

Gotta give them at least a little credit.:wink:.... and it's hard for me to judge any of them from inside my nice warm drysuit (but I still do!).

I still did not learn my lesson! When my $50 wetsuit sucked i creaked open my wallet for a (drumroll!!) $130 wetsuit. I should start cheapskates anonymous “Hello, my name is Fran and it has been five days since my last cheap-out”
But after I sent that last mistake back, my hubby told me to buy the right thing, so I bought the Henderson, Thermaxx Fire Fleece in the correct size that i tried on and bought from an actual brick-and-mortar shop. Full Frickin’ price. Argh!

My being cheap has bit me in the butt in strange ways. I didn't have SPGs for a couple of reg sets I rebuilt so I looked for second hand. I spent $50 or $60 and picked up three reg sets with SPGs because they were cheaper than a used SPG, go figure. They looked good when recieved so I tried them on a tank. Not only did the SPGs work, but so did the regs. So now I have an old Mares Navy and two other vintage regs to check out and dive, when I didn't want any more projects.

@Bob DBF: Sounds shockingly familiar. They multiply, don't they?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom