Dressing Up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about Audrey Hepburn's character, Holly Golightly, in Breakfast at Tiffany's? All you really need is a short black dress and a really long cigarette holder.

Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz. What could be easier than braids!
As a bonus, your boyfriend would have lots of options f/ a couples costume ( sarecrow, lion, Toto etc...) Ooohhhh, the Wicked Witch might be fun too, than he could be a flying monkey. LOL

Does spongebob have a movie yet?

What about Elizabeth from POTC ?

All of the suggestions are great so far. Being a sounthern belle myself, I am partial to Scarlet O'Hara and that's an easy costume. BUT, what about a charater Elizabeth Taylor did? Cleopatra might be fun to pull-off.

My best suggestions would be a character like that where the costume tells who you are without verbal explanation.

Also, if you have access to some white hairspray you could do half your head in white and half natural and go as Cruella De-vil from 101 Dalmations.

My god - how many suggestions!!!! I've been looking at available outfits from local fancy dress shops online and I must say the selections are useless!

I agree with RavenC that the outfit needs to be self explainatary so it makes it even harder. Cruella-de-Vil is being done already by my other halfs sister so I am trying not to tred on anyones toes.

I've seen a couple of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz outfits but they all seem to be size 16 (uk) which is a few too many sizes for me! I've also got to watch out cause as I've been told when being sized up for wetsuits, I'm an "odd shape!"

I've also seen some Scarlett O'Hara outfits now I know what I'm looking for but again, they all seem to be either big sizes or really awful quality....I'm just way to fussy for my own good.

At the moment everyone that I've spoken to suggests Lara Croft, especially as I wear my hair in a plait soo much!! So at the moment, thats what I'm edging towards but I have also seen a brilliant BatGirl outfit here (the one on the top row in the middle!) But the shop that hires them is MILES away so I think I'll need to speak to them about getting it sent to try it on etc!

Anyone with any other ideas would be greatly welcomed....theres only so many films I can think of!

ScubaBaby:
Anyone with any other ideas would be greatly welcomed....theres only so many films I can think of!

How 'bout a Qipao / Cheongsam? I think Qipao means, "banner dress" and Cheongsam means, "long dress" -- both terms are used in different parts of China. They are the dresses with varying lengths, Mandarin (high) collars and slits up the side. Very sexy and flattering to lots of body types. You can be Ling from one of the James Bond flicks or someone from the Flower Drum Song. They are beautiful dresses that you can wear any time...I hate spending $$ on something I'm only going to wear once. My SO brought back two for me from a dive trip in Vietnam, I love them!

Sounds like a really fun time, hope you enjoy it!

I'd suggest the elf princess "Arwen" from "Lord of the Rings"...any flowey dress would do..could make your ears slightly pointed and wear a crystal pendant and voila!

Back
Top Bottom