Drifters rescued - Fort Pierce, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They were hanging on to them in case they needed them as sustenance after days of drifting. :wink:
I thought that they mightvwant to have something to attract sharks so as not to become bored whilst drifting. 😉

a green laser beam to shine into beach condo windows so they will call the police on me and scream someone's laser beaming them.

Thanks for the rig run-down Johnoly, and for this gem... I hadn't thought of that!

Would probably make some great tacos!
They are tasty.
I don't really get the whiff of BS, though. It sounds like maybe one diver panicked and ditched his gear, and the other was able to hold on to his gear and his catch. I probably wouldn't want to talk to the press either, in their situation. I don't see any inconsistencies between what the fishermen relayed of the divers' account and the info obtained from other sources.
Yeah, same here. I don't see any BS. There are no bag limits, size limits, closed seasons, or virtually any restrictions on lionfish. So I'm not sure what they could be hiding.

They were hanging on to them in case they needed them as sustenance after days of drifting. :wink:

Maybe someone would like to run a test on eating dead fish that have been submerged in sea water for a day or two and report back with the results. I suspect that unless a fish is properly cleaned and chilled, it would spoil very quickly, leading to other health issues than drifting in the ocean.

You use the lionfish to attract turtles, which you then kill and drink their blood.
Never! Turtles are endangered. Make sure you have a good PLB and know how to use it. The Coasties carry water for rescues. The lionfish? Who cares.

You use the lionfish to attract turtles, which you then kill and drink their blood.
If you can attract turtles, you can just lash them together with rope made from your back hair to make a raft that will carry you to shore. I definitely learned that from either Bear Grylls or Johnny Depp.

Would the Coast Guard have an incident report for something like this? I'm still curious about why they couldn't find the divers.

Never! Turtles are endangered. Make sure you have a good PLB and know how to use it. The Coasties carry water for rescues. The lionfish? Who cares.
Well I'm still planning on it after a 2-day soak, if I get prosecuted, then I will have survived. LOL BTW, do you dive with a humor (or smoke) detector?

2 guys get lost and picked up by some other boat, happens dozens of times every year in Florida. Not that big of a deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom