drink after dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy a few deco beers as soon as I've finished diving for the day (see my piss-take signature...), but I always make sure I drink plenty of water at the same time, and also neck a few pints of water before going to bed to for the night. It's not so much the alcohol that causes you problems the next day – unless you really tied one on! – it's the dehydration, so as long as you replace the necessary fluids, no worries.

Mark

when i dove in st maarten last sept i waited about three hours , while drinking water
I'll be in provo next week and just wanted to make sure I was doing it right

I wait until I take my gear off, usually.

Rachel

If you are engaged in multi-day, vacation style diving you should not drink alcohol at all. If you're on the last dive with no planned dives in the next 48 hours, or so, there's nothing wrong with drinking in moderation once you get home and will no longer be driving a car or operating a boat.

My diveshop holds a wednesday night dive every wednesday from April to October, after every dive we head to the local pub (location depends on dive) and have a few deco beers and some food, so as long as it takes us to get everyone, change and drive to the pub is as long as we wait. Always funny to watch the looks on the waitresses face when 25-30 divers walk in and ask for a table :) .

Bottom line, seriously...

Doesn't really matter, there's no guideline for waiting to drink alcohol after diving, just make sure as always that your body is getting enough water.

matt_unique:
I wait the time it takes to get to the bar and order my first Black and Tan or straight Guiness.

--Matt

Now THIS guy has taste!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom