drinking at depth ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

then my point stands... being scared in the true sense isnt what you get mad fun of for or what ever.. it is knowing what you can do and what you cant and acting accordingly to those feelings.. personally i dont realy have that problem of choking, but i agree on more techdives with the already present added risk there is no reason to stack up the odds against you.... so once again.. its up to you :)

Kray_Z:
then my point stands... being scared in the true sense isnt what you get mad fun of for or what ever.. it is knowing what you can do and what you cant and acting accordingly to those feelings.. personally i dont realy have that problem of choking, but i agree on more techdives with the already present added risk there is no reason to stack up the odds against you.... so once again.. its up to you :)

More than agree with you...

good to know im headed in the right direction :) (i like doing risky things but not taking excessive risks while doing them.. after all im Kray_Z not Stup_Id :) )

cool_hardware52:
Anything in a flexible pouch works fine CapriSun, or other mylar bag drinks.

Here's another wayhttp://www.deepseasupply.com/page22.html

Takes a bit of practice to keep the seawater out and the freshwater in, but no hard at all.

Tobin

Tobin's hydration bladder is great!!! Just bite down and suck in...just like using a camelback. Does take some practice to get it down and then it is easy. Quite a luxury on long cave dives...even though the caves are fresh water. Also have used it on tech dives in the ocean, but usually only on deco.

When Capri sun mixes with saltwater, I think it tastes nasty.

Karen

when i was doing my intro to cave cert my inst.. used to eat an apple under water and drink from a pack blatter when i asked her about it she said you dont have to breath when you swallow so if you take small bits and small sips its ok i have tryed it and found that its very easy to do and makes long decos and long bottom time so much easyer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom