Drones... do you have one, which one and why???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At about the 45 second point, the top half of the image goes dark. What caused that? (I don't fly a drone, so I am being curious, not critical.)
There are four propellers on a quadcopter drone. They don't move (other than rotating the propeller) so to make the drone travel, the props in "front" reduce their speed causing the drone to tilt slightly and generate movement in that direction. The camera is on a device that moves in order to keep the camera view steady, so the front of the drone tipped down while the camera did not. That resulted in part of the drone getting into the shot.

At about the 45 second point, the top half of the image goes dark.
That was the protector I was referring to earlier. I'm going to try taking it off and flying it a bit later. My biggest problem now is the rain, which should be gone this afternoon.

OK... here's my first video. It's taken this morning with my Mavic Pro and is completely unedited!

Had you ever flown a drone before?

Lol..a cameo! Did you register with the FAA yet? :wink:

My second attempt in very big wind but with no hood.

Hey! I just saw the Scubaboard van! There was somebody in the way but I saw it.

A couple more...

I've been learning a few new techniques and will be posting them. Also, I'll be posting from Roatan starting this Saturday.

I wont be able to post from Little Cayman as the RESORT is within the airport 3 mile no fly zone:(

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom