Dry Glove Liners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone recomend an alternative to the wool Dry Glove Liners? Something that would stay warm when wet. Like thinsulate or Polartec. Does anyone have a lead or a link to something like that?

CALI68:
Can anyone recomend an alternative to the wool Dry Glove Liners? Something that would stay warm when wet. Like thinsulate or Polartec. Does anyone have a lead or a link to something like that?

Wool does stay warm when wet, thats one reason why its so good. Go to any sports store, or army/navy surplus and see what they have.

MechDiver:
Wool does stay warm when wet, thats one reason why its so good. Go to any sports store, or army/navy surplus and see what they have.

I had a leak in my left glove last weekend ( most likely the Zip Seal) Anyway, that hand froze the whole dive and I had the stock liner on...I'm prety sure it's wool.

CALI68:
I have been using polartech gloves as liners from EMS (eastern mountain sports). They seen to worg great and they are cheep. I think I payed $12 for them. I think these are the ones I use, gloves

daveg1:
I have been using polartech gloves as liners from EMS (eastern mountain sports). They seen to worg great and they are cheep. I think I payed $12 for them. I think these are the ones I use, gloves

Yestarday I went to a local outdoors shop and I bought a pair of 200 weightPolartec gloves very similar to to those. I took the time to remove the grip material from the palm and fingers...that was a pain! They fit fine (a tad more snug than the wool liners) and I look forward to using them.

Thanks!

CALI68:
I had a leak in my left glove last weekend ( most likely the Zip Seal) Anyway, that hand froze the whole dive and I had the stock liner on...I'm prety sure it's wool.

I've had a couple leaks and mine, though cool, was not uncomfortable after a 90 minute dive.

Flood one of your new ones and see how it does.

MD

MechDiver:
I've had a couple leaks and mine, though cool, was not uncomfortable after a 90 minute dive.

Flood one of your new ones and see how it does.

MD

LOL! Ok will do. While I'm at it I'll flood the whole suit to check my Thinsulate undergarments! No biggie the water here has only been a balmy 48 degrees. Shouldn't be a problem.

CALI68:
Yestarday I went to a local outdoors shop and I bought a pair of 200 weightPolartec gloves very similar to to those. I took the time to remove the grip material from the palm and fingers...that was a pain! They fit fine (a tad more snug than the wool liners) and I look forward to using them.

Thanks!

Excuse-me if I'm being stupid but why do you peel off the grip material??

StueyinDeep:
Excuse-me if I'm being stupid but why do you peel off the grip material??

Not stupid at all! It's because ecause it makes it easier to put your hand (with the liner) in the Dry Glove. The Polartec liner slides into the dry gloves alot easier without GRIP materieal. :)

CALI68:
While I'm at it I'll flood the whole suit to check my Thinsulate undergarments!

You know, if you never flood it, you'll never **really** know if that Thinsulate works or not :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom