Dry gloves fitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Fellow divers,

I am about to finally receive my drysuit. I have ordered it along with DUI zipgloves. My question is about sizing.

the size M fits me perfectly (meaning no space left) using the including liners. But it does not allow me to put some thinsulate gloves inside instead of the liners included with the gloves.

the size L allows me to put thinsulate gloves inside but gets a little loose.

I wonder what is best in this situation. One of my concerns is getting too much air inside the gloves while diving. I also plan to do underwater photography with it.

Thank you.

Regards,

Nuno

Get the size L.

Underwater, you'll have enough squeeze on the gloves that they will fit perfectly. The ones that "just fit" will end up being cold.

There is a learning curve with dry gloves. You loose a lot of dexterity and it takes some time and practice to get used to it. I would make sure you have some sort of velcro wrist strap for the gloves. This is a must for using dry gloves in my opinion. Some gloves come with these wrist straps mounted on the glove. The strap cinchs the excess glove material around your wrist which will allow for more use of your hands and fingers.

--Matt

Thanks guys. The gloves have wrist straps indeed. I guess I will stick to the L size.

matt_unique:
There is a learning curve with dry gloves. You loose a lot of dexterity and it takes some time and practice to get used to it. I would make sure you have some sort of velcro wrist strap for the gloves. This is a must for using dry gloves in my opinion. Some gloves come with these wrist straps mounted on the glove. The strap cinchs the excess glove material around your wrist which will allow for more use of your hands and fingers.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom